jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

She/He cheats. Do you stay or leave?

1. michememe profile image79
    michememeposted 6 years ago

She/He cheats. Do you stay or leave?

You cheated on her/him all these years. Now that they are cheating too, you are ready for them to call it off. Didn't you like the way it feel, the anxiety, the sleepless nights? Most men say they will leave no question, no negotiation. What do you say?

2. jellygator profile image92
    jellygatorposted 6 years ago

In my experience, men will often pretend not see their wife's cheating so that they won't have to leave. I think when both partners are cheating, they need to either open the relationship or call it quits, but I've written two hubs about coping with infidelity:

Cheat a Cheater: Keep Your Head Up When Your Thoughts Aren't Clear
    http://jellygator.hubpages.com/hub/Chea … rent-Clear

After the Affair: Should You Leave if Your Partner Cheated?

http://jellygator.hubpages.com/hub/Afte … er-Cheated

The first one provides tips for dealing with your partner's affair without provoking more problems, and the second one discusses when it may be better to stay in the relationship.

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 6 years ago

I believe there is some truth to what you said. Most men would leave a woman if he knew she were cheating on him. Women are groomed to be disappointed or hurt by men in our society. So much so that a lot of women are told "Men are no good", "Men are Dogs", or "All men are liars".

Some of the biggest hit songs and movies are about how a guy hurt a good woman and in the end comes back begging her to forgive him. The woman takes him back and they live happy ever after.

There are florist shops with the name "In The Doghouse". The majority of greeting cards for men to buy women start off with "I know I don't say this often enough..."

How many hit songs or movies do you know of where it's the other way around? There are no (female versions) of songs like Boyz II Men "On Bended Knee", Tyrese's "Stay", Usher's "Confessions Part ll"...etc

Last but not least men are very visual creatures. Picturing their woman in numerous postions with another man or her doing things to another man are tough images to lock in the back of their mind.
    Personally from my point of view I don't give second chances and I don't ask for second chances either.

4. michememe profile image79
    michememeposted 6 years ago

Good analogies. I especially like dashingscorpio. Because I never thought of the cards, songs, and movies that have this concept,