jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is it possible to maintain a friendship with someone you recently ended a relati

1. ChinaDoll32BX profile image60
    ChinaDoll32BXposted 5 years ago

Is it possible to maintain a friendship with someone you recently ended a relationship with?

Can you still be friends with your x without being jealous or continuing a sexual relationship or does feelings for that person complicate make it impossible?

2. Saleeln18 profile image69
    Saleeln18posted 5 years ago

Well I cannot speak for all people and all relationships but in my opinion, no (if they was love, or at least genuine feelings between the two people that it). I broke up with the girl I was in love with and then we fell out of contact for a while (during that time I could "forget" about her) but eventually we got back in contact and started hanging out again on the regular (us two and two other friends with us as well). And well I'll put it like this, the third or fourth time hanging out things got a little physical between and now we date again lol. Of course I'm happy about this now but when we started hanging out and talking again I was intent on keeping the relationship on a just friend level.

So as far as I can tell, as long as there is consistent contact, the "just friend" thing won't last.

3. ReneeDC1979 profile image61
    ReneeDC1979posted 5 years ago

Sure.  I've done it a few times.  You have to give each other space after ending the relationship to get over each other physically.

4. Cordelia Bay profile image60
    Cordelia Bayposted 5 years ago

In some circumstances I would say yes.....but these are very rare! Truly, I think it is based on those involved....what caused the ended relationship...if, each can forgive and move forward. In times of great heartache or pain....I would say it would take a period of time....but, if one continues to get hurt by the other....it is probably best to go separate ways. Maybe, at another time and place in life the friendship can be reestablished.

working