jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How important are best friends? Do we need them or can it actually limit us?

1. KrystalD profile image80
    KrystalDposted 6 years ago

How important are best friends? Do we need them or can it actually limit us?

2. Jynzly profile image75
    Jynzlyposted 6 years ago

It's a personal thing. Some people lived and died without experiencing the blessings of having a best friend. For me a best friend (not best friends) is God's gift and an angel who is just around through the years. She may need help that only me, in my special and unique ways, can help and vice versa. A best friend is a mirror of my personality, she is God's sounding board when I need some wisdom for certain matters that need clarification in one definite time.

3. sandrabusby profile image85
    sandrabusbyposted 6 years ago

I am fortunate to have 2 or 3 "best friends."  I believe it was Emerson who said consider yourself blessed if you had just one.  There is absolutely nothing that can compare to knowing that there is another person you can go to and be totally safe with.  Not to mention all the pleasant times you can spend together when you life is not in disarray.  Sandra Busby

4. Rastamermaid profile image72
    Rastamermaidposted 6 years ago

It's important to have best friends,sometimes a best friend can be a family member. A close family member can fill both slots as relative and bestie. At least then you pretty much know that person honestly cares about you,and not with a  hidden agenda.

5. Reginald Boswell profile image81
    Reginald Boswellposted 6 years ago

Best friends are a bonus in life, they will tell you the truth when no one will not even your parents at times.  Yet because they are best friends space should never be a factor to diminish your friendship even if you haven't spoken in a year or ten years or are 1000 miles apart, that is the beauty of a best friend you can always go back to where you left off immediately . .  best friends are definitely a bonus in life.

6. teaches12345 profile image96
    teaches12345posted 6 years ago

I heard someone say once that you only need two to three best friends and many friends. Best friends are those that you can spill your heart out to and know they will keep it to themselves.  Best friends love you for who you are and forgive all your faults.  Best friends will sit with you, know you need silence, and cry with you.

7. MsDora profile image97
    MsDoraposted 5 years ago

For me, an only child, best friends take the place of siblings when I have joys and burdens to share.  I need them, appreciate them, and count them on my list of blessings.