jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What's wrong with exes being friends?

1. Lady Eemia profile image83
    Lady Eemiaposted 5 years ago

What's wrong with exes being friends?

2. albertsj profile image74
    albertsjposted 5 years ago

Absolutely nothing. I am friends with a few exes. And NOT friends with benefits.
    I'm happy for them when they're involved in a relationship, and they are me as well. I don't know why people would even question this. If there is any jellousy involved, then maybe they should look with in themselves,

3. Bretsuki profile image80
    Bretsukiposted 5 years ago

There is nothing wrong with exes being friends, as long as they both realise they are not going to re-kindle a relationship.

Exes who maintain  a real friendship are probably easier with a mutual break-up.

It is when one ex believes that maintaining a relationship with the other means that the old relationship is not dead that causes problems.. In that case it is better to make a clean break and never have contact with an ex again.

4. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

It's neither wrong or right. What matters is finding a mate/spouse who (agrees) with you. Some people have no problem with it and others do. The same could be said for having best friends (platonically speaking) who are the opposite sex.
    It's a waste of time and energy to try and (sell) someone to change their opinion.  When it comes to subjects like these there is no "right" or "wrong" only "agree" or "disagree". (Everyone is entitled to have their own opinion.) If you are dating someone who does not like you being friends with your ex then that's a clue you are with the wrong person as well as vice versa. Neither person should have to change or put up with something they are uncomfortable with.