jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Why are so many people ashamed to show their true selves?

1. vparker profile image60
    vparkerposted 5 years ago

Why are so many people ashamed to show their true selves?

2. tobusiness profile image87
    tobusinessposted 5 years ago

I don't believe people are ashamed to show their true selves
    . It's kinda like fools rushing in, when you meet some one for the first time, you're obviously cautious, but as you get to know them better and feels comfortable, you are able to relax and be your self.
    Some people are more confident and couldn't care less either way, then there are others who want to make a good impression. There's no shame in that

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

I doubt people are ashamed. They are probably afraid of being judged. They don't want to be hurt, insulted, or taken advantage of. However most people do tend to find at least one person they trust to be their complete self with. "Friends are (the family) we choose"

4. spartucusjones profile image95
    spartucusjonesposted 5 years ago

It depends on the individual. But I think it comes down to one of three things. 1) you have something to hide. 2) you lack self confidence, and by being the person you want to be, or that you think others want you to be, then they may accept you. 3) You are afraid if you reveal too much that you may get hurt.

5. feenix profile image59
    feenixposted 5 years ago

Personally, I am ashamed to show people "my true self" because I don't look that hot before I have shaved and combed my hair.

6. Unleashed Freedom profile image59
    Unleashed Freedomposted 5 years ago

I really think that most people are not aware of their so called true selves. when you ask anyone who they are, they mostly tell you what they do or some other work related concept.

7. thisiknow profile image60
    thisiknowposted 5 years ago

I think people are their true selves when they are in the company of others who make them feel comfortable enough to be who they are.

8. alisha4u profile image39
    alisha4uposted 5 years ago

Probably there are too much apprehensive about the reviews or reactions they might get from the outside world...

working