jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you think it is possible to remain friends with a ex when cheating was involv

1. tbipub profile image60
    tbipubposted 5 years ago

Do you think it is possible to remain friends with a ex when cheating was involved?

Do you think that it is possible to remain friends with a ex even if the relationship ended due to one of them cheating?

2. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Remaining friends with an ex under any circumstances would be difficult, but I think it could be done.  If the person who was cheated on has thoroughly gotten past the ending of the relationship, then a friendship might form--but all bitter feelings would have to be let go. If possible to do that, everyone would be happier not to have to harbor those ill feelings.

3. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 5 years ago

I think it would be hard, at least at first, but definately not impossible. I would find trust more difficult rather friendship with him.

4. drbillfannin profile image59
    drbillfanninposted 5 years ago

I did, more than once. I figure that we all have our faults, and we all deserve forgiveness. Also, I had kids in the picture. Without the kids, I doubt I would have had any reason to continue a friendship. If there were other reasons to be friends, like work, mutual friends, professional associations, or some other factor, it may be reasonable to maintain a friendship. Other than that, why put yourself through it? Move on.

working