jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Can you marry someone that beats you? Even if you love the person

1. sweetjulie profile image74
    sweetjulieposted 5 years ago

Can you marry someone that beats you? Even if you love the person

a friend of mine love this guy,but the guy sometimes beat her.now he is proposing,and she doesnt know what to do

2. moiponetsoka profile image71
    moiponetsokaposted 5 years ago

Ask her if she wants to spend the rest of her life with someone who beats her because marriage won't change? its better that she saw his true colors early so my answer is no she must not marry him because she will only be happy for 10% of the time and hurting 90% of the time.Love alone is sometimes is not enough a person must see the bigger picture.

3. Catzgendron profile image74
    Catzgendronposted 5 years ago

Break the circle of abuse, replace the circle with love, faith and hope. read more

4. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

WHAT? your friend needs her head checked, sorry to be rude. why on earth would she even stay with him is my first question. secondly, if she is your friend , why aren't you telling her to get the heck away from him?

5. Dinruq profile image70
    Dinruqposted 5 years ago

that would be a definite NO. Please advise her not to get confused that this particular relationship is love. Maybe she does but no guy could bare to hurt a person he truly loves. Also if this particular guy starts with the sob story of 'Í'll promise I'll become a better person'; DO NOT believe him. Maybe for a few days or weeks he'll be on his best behavior but afterwards he'll be back to normal and will continue to abuse her. Also a common trend is that they normally get more and more into it.

If you have some influence on her, stop her; she may hate you for it but it's better to be the bad guy than have her live with an abusive partner. I wouldn't want to wish it on my worst enemy.

6. ackman1465 profile image62
    ackman1465posted 5 years ago

There is a MUCH BIGGER question here.  It is:  WHY would any woman who experiences a beating at some man's hand even CONSIDER spending even ONE MORE MINUTE in his company?????????