jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What would you do if you caught your husband or wife in bed with your best frien

1. wisdom25 profile image78
    wisdom25posted 6 years ago

What would you do if you caught your husband or wife in bed with your best friend?

2. martygoldengate profile image69
    martygoldengateposted 6 years ago

I would be really happy because someone I loved (my wife) liked my best friend.

Also, I'd be relieved because this would free me up to marry someone else next year, if I could meet someone else and fall in love.

I would expect that if twenty years went by, my relationship with both my wife and my best friend might still be the same, unless one of us was too embarrassed to continue contacts.

But people who are younger, as I have been, would be shocked and have to go on a long trip somewhere to get over it.

So, I'd hope to handle it pleasantly and friendly, but if I were to become hyper and shocked, I know from experience that the best remedy is a trip somewhere.  Time heals all wounds, but travel helps this kind of wound to heal faster.  It's like rubbing ointment on a cut.

3. Lamar Johns profile image68
    Lamar Johnsposted 6 years ago

Any logical person would  or rather should react in anger. This is an human issue not restricted to age, sex, etc.

Whether it's with your best friend or someone else, cheating is cheating. There's no way to look around that and very few reactions you can muster up at that very moment of catching them in the act.

Yeah I would be mad, but that would quickly turn into sadness. We are talking about a marriage here. It's not supposed to be taken lightly. One can hope to
    handle it with maturity but it's one of those situations where the outcome sounds good in your head, but when applied to that moment you would go surely go crazy.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I would pack my things (or his) and leave.  Go directly to the bank and take out all the money in both our names and find myself a place to cool off.  A small apt. or nice hotel room.  i would also find a new best friend.

Seriously, it would be so devastating, it would be hard to function - but getting away from the situation is a good idea so you can cool off and not say or do things that you cannot take back.

5. Leaderofmany profile image61
    Leaderofmanyposted 6 years ago

You really don't know what I would do, it would incriminate me and I don't want this comment to be used against me in the future.

6. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

i would kick his face in until he was in the hospital and then leave her where she was. i might even take a pic of them first and post it on the net.

7. lburmaster profile image80
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

I would be the most patient person in the world and leave him. Calmly, I would get all my stuff and move. I can forgive but I can't forget.

8. Becky Katz profile image82
    Becky Katzposted 6 years ago

I would be hurt and pack my things and leave. I know this would never happen though because I can trust my husband. He has adored me for 26 years and no reason for that to change.

9. Diane Woodson profile image62
    Diane Woodsonposted 6 years ago

It begins with m and ends in r. I know I would feel like it, now if I could do that is another question all together.

working