jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

What to do when your boyfriend threatens to leave every time you argue?

1. stricktlydating profile image83
    stricktlydatingposted 5 years ago

What to do when your boyfriend threatens to leave every time you argue?

2. Ms Dee profile image89
    Ms Deeposted 5 years ago

I would point out that this is a manipulative tactic and that he does not want a normal relationship. Every normal relationship has disagreements. It is how those are worked through that is key, and not whether or not there is disagreement. Call him on his manipulative tactic.

1. msorensson profile image73
      msorenssonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Indeed, I agree..

3. Attikos profile image79
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

Ms. Dee is spot on. Call his bluff and tell him to go ahead and leave. If it turns out it's not a bluff after all, good riddance.

1. msorensson profile image73
      msorenssonposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I love that answer..

4. msorensson profile image73
    msorenssonposted 5 years ago

Someone who says this all the time has it in his or her consciousness...to leave..because he or she says it..."The fullness of the heart the mouth speaketh.." Examine the difference between "I will never leave you no matter what..." and "If you don't stop this I will leave..". One says "I made a commitment to you..and it is forever.." and the other says "Do this or else...lose me".....it means you never had him or her in the first place... my opinion only

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

He does it because it works and he gets what he wants by doing it.  Call his bluff and let him go if he threatens to leave.  Then once things settle down, set ground rules for fighting.

6. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 5 years ago

I would beat him to it and leave him first!  He is not worth keeping around at that rate!

7. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

why even ask, isn't this self-explanitory. dump him and move on.

8. tom hellert profile image61
    tom hellertposted 5 years ago

SD,
    this one is very easy- tell him bye-bye and watchhim turn on a dime to come back to you and if he leaves he wasn't yours anyway... If he is threatening to leave either he is wanting to go or crying out for attention.
    TH

9. glmclendon profile image60
    glmclendonposted 5 years ago

You should tell him to leave; it would be the be thing that happened to you in recent memory!

10. rexy profile image69
    rexyposted 4 years ago

cook him a nice meal no matter what.... at least he will stay for the food....

working