jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Are you going to leave your partner or spouse if they are irresponsible in manag

1. alexandriaruthk profile image73
    alexandriaruthkposted 5 years ago

Are you going to leave your partner or spouse if they are irresponsible in managing their health?

If your partner or spouse does not like to take her/his medication and they are irresponsible in taking medicines or getting well because they are sick and they keep on doing what is not good for them, will you leave them them?

Same with the case if they don't like to be fit and healthy even if they know that they are at risk of other life threatening sickness because they are either obese or fat.

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

One never knows what they would do until they are placed in a given situation. There is big difference between life and the hypothetical. For example drug addition and alcoholism are considered diseases. Lots of folks leave their mates over issues with these diseases. For the majority of other illnesses people "in love" tend to put up with as much as they can before they throw in the towel. Generally speaking it is their friends and family that suggest they get out of an unhappy releationship. All relationships are "at will". (When we change our circumstances change). Each of us is entitled to have our own "deal breakers". Hopefully those were discussed early on with their significant other. Commitment does not mean co-dependent.

3. Ms Dee profile image88
    Ms Deeposted 5 years ago

I think we can stay committed and in the relationship without becoming codependent, so I would not leave my spouse under these circumstances. These circumstances are complicated and I would delve more into the reasons behind him or her not "liking" to be fit, as no one would really want to pursue making themselves more and more miserable because they 'like' feeling miserable and unwell. I would surmise there is something else going on and would seek help to determine what it is, if I could not determine it, myself.

4. Globetrekkermel profile image78
    Globetrekkermelposted 5 years ago

No , not at all. All the more reason I should stay.He/she needs help and you cannot abandon someone when they need you most. I believe this question is a very petty and minor reason to leave your wife/spouse/partner.There are a lot more serious reasons to leave and this is not one of them.

5. profile image0
    CalebSparksposted 4 years ago

Did you say in your wedding vows,  "...for richer or for poorer; IN SICKNESS OR IN HEALTH...?" For those who are married, leaving your spouse for an issue like this would be a violation of your vows to each other.

working