Are you going to leave your partner/spouse if they have bad vices and there's no

1. alexandriaruthk profile image72
    alexandriaruthkposted 5 years ago

Are you going to leave your partner/spouse if they have bad vices and there's no effort to change?

If they are addicted to say for example gambling,  drugs or other bad vices, how many times will you give them a chance or you just leave them?

2. BraidedZero profile image91
    BraidedZeroposted 5 years ago

I don't think anyone should put up with something that ruins both of their lives. If you love someone you're willing to put up with some of their things but to a certain point. If that thing starts tearing away at your relationship then it's not worth it and someone needs to change. If my spouse started smoking, or gambling and they were ruining both of our lives, I would leave them. If they're that selfish, then they don't deserve you.

3. Say Yes To Life profile image81
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 4 years ago

If you're playing second fiddle to some vice, why hang around?  Just leave, and let him be married to his vice, since he loves it so much.
    Regarding smoking, I heard of a case where a man smoked for decades, and his wife got bone cancer.  She was more susceptible to the carcinogens than he was.  He suffered enormous guilt, but by then, it was too late.

working