jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Are you going to leave your partner/spouse if they can't stay or keep on a job?

1. alexandriaruthk profile image75
    alexandriaruthkposted 5 years ago

Are you going to leave your partner/spouse if they can't stay or keep on a job?

Its a sign of being "responsible', but are you going to leave them if this is the case, they can't keep a job?

2. Diane Woodson profile image61
    Diane Woodsonposted 5 years ago

No, it happened to me once and I would under no circumstances do it. I would help teh mate to find other ways of having some employment. For better or for worse.

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Hopefully, you know your spouse by the time you marry. I would not leave the person but would try to figure out what is going on with him that he couldn't retain employment.  But I would be there with him, in the relationship because I love him so we would have to work together to get things settled and straightened out.

4. s.wilson profile image70
    s.wilsonposted 5 years ago

This question is much more complicated than it seems.  Are there mental health issues?  Are they trying to work?  Is it economical for them to work (since childcare is so expensive)? 

If they are looking for work and are unsuccessful, that is one isse.  If there are mental health issues that they are not getting treated, then it is a different issue.  If they are just lazy and want to use the system, I would have a huge problem with that.  Eventually, if they were lazy, I would probably leave (although if they were that lazy, there would probably a whole host of other issues).

5. snapbackbetty profile image68
    snapbackbettyposted 5 years ago

No... people lose jobs a lot. I would stick by by husband if he lost his job. In most marriage vows it says "for better or for worse". I would think losing a job falls in there somewhere. Hopefully your spouse wouldn't be out of work for too long.

working