This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What's your view on gay marriage?

1. KharmynSaje profile image59
    KharmynSajeposted 5 years ago

What's your view on gay marriage?

2. profile image0
    screamingposted 5 years ago

Whether on agrees or disagrees, God will judge. It's not up to us to judge in my opinion. As far as I'm concerned, I don't begrudge anyone from having and finding happiness, gay or not.

3. ronhi profile image75
    ronhiposted 5 years ago

Adam and Eve. Both the Quran and the Bible- Holy books of the two largest religions on earth - agree on this. Not Adam and Steve

1. ashleybunn profile image60
      ashleybunnposted 5 years agoin reply to this

But someone's right to be married should not be taken away simply because a couple of religions say that they are wrong. Separation of church and state exists for a reason.

4. profile image0
    mjkearnposted 5 years ago

I don't care or believe in any God or Religion. I believe in right and wrong, good and bad. If gay people want to be together that's fine by me. If they want that union blessed by a religion then that's their battle and the part that I don't care about.

People are people and if their outlook on life, sharing, doing good and being good is honourable then I have no issues.

Children of such couples is were I have a problem. Society takes a view of such children which I think is not right. They are children after all. Other children view these children by how their parents view gay people.

I honestly don't know if this is fair on the children, that's my only issue. Gay marriage, no issues,
    MJ.

5. Jazzy Quicksilver profile image59
    Jazzy Quicksilverposted 5 years ago

Firstly, I believe that while yes, "marriage" is a religious institution, the laws that marriage provides should not be.  Legally, civil unions and marriages should be the same thing.   Also, I think that, whatever a person believes religiously, all of the Judeo-Christian religions (Christianity, Judaism, Islam), at least, preach treating other people like human beings, and that God/Allah/Jehovah is the one that has the final judgement.

Stop legal marriage from being the same as religious marriage, and let two consenting adults who love each other be together. It's not like it hurts anyone.

working