jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What are some popular or classic recessional songs appropriate for a church wedd

1. Shesabutterfly profile image95
    Shesabutterflyposted 5 years ago

What are some popular or classic recessional songs appropriate for a church wedding?

My fiance and I are having a hard time picking a song we both like. We don't have a themed wedding so anything appropriate will work.

2. Shawnhc profile image60
    Shawnhcposted 5 years ago

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!
    Depending on your venue, and level of formality, there are a lot of beautiful choices for you to consider.    Listen to Aaron Copeland's opening "fanfare for the common man", any of the four seasons concertos by Vivaldi, or a selection by Pachelbel, (light classical) and Beethoven's Ode to Joy, also known as Jesu, God of man's  desire.

Outside of the box suggestions?  A handbell choir can ring you out, (many schools or churches have bell choirs that welcome an opportunity to perform for a nominal fee).  A Gospel choir can begin with a version of "Oh Happy Day" as you travel down the aisle.

Whatever you choose, make sure YOU love it.  It could be one of the most magical moments in your lives, and the music you walk to will always help you relive the feeling.

Best wishes!

3. bridalletter profile image80
    bridalletterposted 5 years ago

http://weddingmusicunveiled.com/11-grea … nals-0910b
    This blog looks like it may answer that question.

4. nanadolls profile image61
    nanadollsposted 5 years ago

Songs that touch your heart are the best ones. I have sent lots of time searching the internet for the best Son / Mom and daddy / daughter songs. I will search and send you a list. A freind just sent me 2 yesterday, oldie but goodies BJ Thomas Momma & Paul Peterson My Dad. Both can be found on You Tube.
    Your 1st song is your song, a song that means a lot to you, when you hear it you think of the one you love.
    For the reception have some classic love songs but be sure to add some fun silly songs to get everyone up.
    As for the church music, I have been to weddings lately with very little organ music. The bridal couple has invited friends who play musical instrument to play during the service.
    Good luck. Will look for song list and forward it.

5. PurpleRaven profile image58
    PurpleRavenposted 5 years ago

The song " At Last" by Etta James, might be one you two would like.

1. Shawnhc profile image60
      Shawnhcposted 5 years agoin reply to this

At Last is a classic, but for a church wedding recessional song, it might be a little slow.  The original wedding march was composed as a rousing, joyful celebratory march ... literally.  Great first dance song, however.

6. royalblkrose profile image59
    royalblkroseposted 5 years ago

congratulations- I like Pachibel's Canon, Vivaldi's Four Seasons, and "morning song" by spira gyra