jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What do you do when you love some one, Who doesn't love you back ?

1. yaswanthk profile image72
    yaswanthkposted 5 years ago

What do you do when you love some one, Who doesn't love you back ?

2. profile image50
    TroyPuyearposted 5 years ago

There are only a few options when this happens, in my experience:

1. If your love is deep and real, you may try being the person's friend and hoping that love develops over time. The advantage to this is that you get to spend time with the one you love. The disadvantages are that while you are focused on this person, you may not notice other opportunities for love, plus it can be very painful to spend time with someone you love and have them treat you as a friend. This option is for if you are convinced that this person is your soul mate.

2. Your "love" may be infatuation. If you have made honest attempts to engage the other person's interest, consider moving on. This may have the effect of causing the other person to realize what they are missing, or at least it will set you free (after some sleepless nights) to seek new love.

This is not an enjoyable situation, but it is often part of being human. Remember that we all deserve to love and be loved. If unrequited love keeps happening to you, you may need to look at yourself and determine why. But that is a topic for another day. ; )

3. KateWest profile image77
    KateWestposted 5 years ago

I have been in this situation a few times and it's never fun. You can't make someone love you and while you have to be true to yourself, you have to understand the reality when it's just not going to work out your way. Not everything does, right? It's a life thing. Work on yourself and your own interests and try to forget the other person, without being bitter. Stay open.

4. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

The whole concept behind "soulmates" is there are (mutual feelings and desires) for one another. In order for him or her to be "the one" they would have to see you as being "the one".

5. dghbrh profile image79
    dghbrhposted 5 years ago

Love should be unconditional according to me. I prefer to love the one whom i love, it does not matter for me if i don get the love i expect in return. Because to love someone is in my hand but to make the other person love me in return is not in my hand.So i will prefer to love till i die expecting nothing in return. I don want to increase complication. That is the easiest way.

6. stricktlydating profile image82
    stricktlydatingposted 5 years ago

Tell yourself not to take it personally.  It would be great if everyone we loved felt the same way back, but in life it doesn't always work that way.  Try not to invest your emotions into a dead end relationship - If the other person doesn't love you, accept that there isn't anything you can do to neccessarily change that.  Cut your losses and move on, so that you can experience the joy of having someone love you the way you love them, afterall, that's what we all deserve.

7. unknown spy profile image74
    unknown spyposted 5 years ago

this situation is painful..i've been there, quite a few times.. I just continue to love that person until such time it numbs me and my own heart decided to move on.it's like it fades in no time when there's no one willing to give back the love.. i dont find another one just to forget..i just let it fade....