jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Why do people who know that they are very seductive get into relationships knowi

1. keshab21 profile image61
    keshab21posted 5 years ago

Why do people who know that they are very seductive get into relationships knowing the outcome?

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

I believe most people have internal battles with themselves. The mature person realizes at some point they can't have it all and they eventually make a choice. The rest live life moment by moment. Today they want the stability of a loving monogamus relationship and tomorrow they swear that variety is the spice of life! This not only happens in relationships but in all things.... religous faith, diets, going to the gym on a regular basis....Anything that requires self-discipline or sacrifice is a challenge for a lot of people.
    Lastly most people really don't invest the time to do any "serious introspective" thinking to figure out exactly who they are, what their wants, needs, and desires are. Quite a few people find themselves in relationships based on happenstance or simply "going with the flow". I talk about this a great deal in my book; My Cat Won't Bark! (A Relationship Epiphany). To a large extent we've been sold on (not thinking) when it comes to making decisions with regard to things dealing with attraction/romance/love. Unfortunately this leads us to making the same mistakes over and over again. At some point you have to figure out want you really want and then have the discipline to stick to your own "shopping list". (You are responsible for your own happiness). Each of us (chooses) our own friends, lovers, and spouse. It's not about them. It's about us and our choices!
    If you go to the store to purchase an apple but buy an onion instead...Whose fault is that? Hopefully with experience comes wisdom and eventually we become better shoppers! :-)

1. Motherbynature profile image77
      Motherbynatureposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Wow you make some great points. I never really considered a relationship as something that goes hand in hand with self discipline.  That explains a lot.

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
      dashingscorpioposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Motherbynature, Thanks for your comment. I actually talk about this and other things in my book.  My Cat Won't Bark! (A Relationship Epiphany)  A description is on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/146810 … ubpages-20

3. Motherbynature profile image77
    Motherbynatureposted 5 years ago

I think maybe a few who do it intentionally get off on conquering certain types of people. Some men and women use relationships as ego boosters.  Having someone seem uninterested in them is a challenge to them and they are determined to beat it. Then after they do, they lose interest.

1. dashingscorpio profile image88
      dashingscorpioposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Excellent point! It's that old saying " We adore those who ignore us and ignore those who adore us" A lot of men who have heard this (act uninterested) to raise a woman's curiosity. If 9 guys are pursuing her and 1 guy acts like she doesn't exist...

working