jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Tips on dating divorced men?

1. jolinabetts profile image80
    jolinabettsposted 5 years ago

Tips on dating divorced men?

2. prairieprincess profile image95
    prairieprincessposted 5 years ago

I was interested in this question because my husband was divorced when I met him and it was hard at first. I did some research at the time and found that many divorced men are lacking confidence because of the divorce. They are tired and may find it hard to give to the new relationship.

Men hate failure and the thought of failing again feels with them with terror. For the first year and a half that we dated, my husband hated the thought of getting married. Once he realized that things could be different this time, he warmed up and we are now happily married but it took a while to get there.

The advice I would give is to be patient. Be sure that he's over his ex before you get involved. And know that it will take a while to gain his trust. If there are kids involved, be even more careful and go even more slow.

jolinabettsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I'm glad that you have comment on this question.  I'm wondering how to convince him that i can help him get through things if he let me. I know this is a long process.

3. Steadman11 profile image59
    Steadman11posted 5 years ago

I don't think that you can convince anyone that you can help them through something. When he believes that you will be there for him and that he can trust you, it's going to be because of your actions, not what you say. Just be patient with him and understand what he is going through. Sometimes men bounce back immediatly (my husband felt no anxiety about his previous marriage) but others can take years. Don't force anything on him because that's the worse thing you can do. You would either scare him away, or he will marry you and be miserable. (making you miserable as well)

Like I said, if you are persistant with helping him through this, consistantly by his side and supporting him, eventually he will come around and realize that you're in it for the long haul. Good luck!

jolinabettsposted 5 years agoin reply to this

thank you for your kind advice!  you just made my day.

working