jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What is your favorite thing to do when you find yourself alone on a day off from

1. moonfairy profile image81
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

What is your favorite thing to do when you find yourself alone on a day off from work?

2. Jenna Pope profile image59
    Jenna Popeposted 5 years ago

Usually when I am by myself, I write. Sometimes I house clean.

3. innerspin profile image92
    innerspinposted 5 years ago

Stare out of the window and daydream for England. If only it were an Olympic Sport....

4. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Read a book to change my mood. Organize the house to relax. Be online to dull myself to the world. Etc.

5. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 5 years ago

Favorites include: writing, reading , gardening and day-dreaming.

If I spend my day off doing chores............I have not 'really' had the day off!

6. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

Listen to music that normally I don't listen too when my husband is home.  We do not have the same taste in music.  So I turn it up and enjoy it and either write or do a craft project.

7. Lyn Diano profile image38
    Lyn Dianoposted 5 years ago

When I'm left all alone, what usually happens is that I clean the entire house though I keep on planning to just sleep all day.. @__@ After cleaning the house, I would try to improve those things that were left half-done.  Lastly, if I still have extra time, I'd try to read a book but then the internet is dragging me to hold the computer and then...... yes, I get hooked up again with my online job... and Pinterest as well... and don't forget HP! ^___^

8. ExpressFree profile image72
    ExpressFreeposted 5 years ago

When I am alone, I usually maximixe the time playing the keyboard and learning new songs.  For me it is the best time to make noises even if I sing out loud or still in the process of getting the right chords. 

At times, I utilize the free time alone to paint and just letting go of my emotions in the canvas through my brush and colors.

I find these activities as a good positive diversion to lift my spirit  especially when I don't feel good inside....