Would you stay or would you leave? ( Divorce Or No? )

1. Lovelovemeloveme profile image67
    Lovelovemelovemeposted 5 years ago

Would you stay or would you leave? ( Divorce Or No? )

If you were in a happy marriage for 10 years, then you find out that the few months before your wedding, your husband had a 6 month affair with one of his co-workers, but never confessed this to you until now.  Would you stay in the marriage? Forgive? Or Leave?

Points to consider  when answering:
    Lets pretend you have 2 children.
    Lets consider you have no children. Would it affect your answer?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6981716_f260.jpg

2. B Lucy profile image60
    B Lucyposted 5 years ago

For me . . two things would matter.  Why did he now confess?  Because he wanted to come clean or was he in a position of getting busted?  If the latter, it seems he isn't sorry for keeping this secret but rather getting caught.  Also, the condition of the marriage the past ten years.  Has it been a good solid marriage or is this just another example of dishonesty?

If he seems sincere, I think working on the marriage is the best option.  Obviously, something has worked the past ten years. But if this is yet another straw on the camels back, then at some point, I would realize this relationship was built on sand from the start.

1. Lovelovemeloveme profile image67
      Lovelovemelovemeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Hmm... well... lets pretend he feels guilty and doesn't want to live with the lie any more.

i guess i made up this question because I couldnt get people to answer my real question honestly. "To live in a happy lie or the miserable truth?"

working