jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (17 posts)

If you are straight does homosexual marriages affects your life?

1. NikiDiva profile image60
    NikiDivaposted 5 years ago

If you are straight does homosexual marriages affects your life?

if homosexual marriages were legal in all states how would that impact your life?

2. Veroniquebee profile image76
    Veroniquebeeposted 5 years ago

Well, I understand that you mean the US but couldn't stop myself from responding...

Here in Czech republic the same-sex marriages (although it's reffered as 'registered partnership', if I remember correctly) are already legal. And personally, all the impact of this on my life I can think of is that there are more occasions to put that amazing dress on, so I wouldn't look out of place once my friends invite me for their weddings, tehee!

3. DDE profile image24
    DDEposted 5 years ago

I don't mind any kind of marriage  each individual has a choice and an opinion

4. Gabriel Wilson profile image95
    Gabriel Wilsonposted 5 years ago

You know, to be honest I've realized as I've grown older that we all affect each other at some point in our lives with how we live and what we do. Choices aside, our lives do entwine with others in some form or other.
    Do I think homosexual marriages would effect my life? No, I don't think so. But if a best friend who happens to be homosexual invited me to his marriage, yes that would affect my life as in I'd be delighted to share his big day.
    The thing is, what affects your life is actually the way you respond to it. I've learned that we are all different, but we are all the same: human beings. We all deserve to be happy in our individual right as long as we don't cause harm to others. Homosexual marriages are not about causing harm, but about two people that love each other.

NikiDivaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

at some point the actions you make will affect someone else directly or indirectly. in a positive or negative way

5. krillco profile image95
    krillcoposted 5 years ago

Love is love, and not fade away. ~the Rolling Stones.

6. pisean282311 profile image60
    pisean282311posted 5 years ago

no it doesnt...every human being has right to have his/her sexual preferences ...i am straight but i would respect right of other to be homosexual...

you have the right to which ever sexual preference that you choose but that doesnt mean you will get the same rights as a traditional straight couple

7. Diana Lee profile image83
    Diana Leeposted 5 years ago

I really don't think it would be a big deal. Most of these people already live as couples, but cannot add their partner as a dependent on tax forms or health insurance policies. People pay to much attention to other people's business when they should be more concerned about what they are doing themselves. Common law marriages are denied these same rights among straight couples, but at least they have a choice to marry if they aren't already married to someone else.

Love doesn't have many rules as to where it goes. Opposites attract and always will. I'm not gay, but I understand why people form bonds. Isn't it all about being happy?

8. royalblkrose profile image61
    royalblkroseposted 5 years ago

yes it does.  while it  may not affect my day-to-say existence overall, it does. same-sex marriage affects how benefits are distributed  in the workplace,, it affects who teaches my kids, who coaches them, who will be speaking at marriage conferences,... it affects THE FUTURE.  how will these folks relate to those with children?
    Will they adopt and treat their chiildren well?  Will women be seen as mere 'baby factories' for some same sex couples? Weill men be seen as "drones" to fertiliese others?

EXACTLY! it affects the kids and the generations to come.  and the way they will act and the things they believe

9. brittvan22 profile image82
    brittvan22posted 5 years ago

It honestly doesn't. It is not for me to judge what they do or who they do it with, married or not. My only request is that they don't try (lesbian or gay) to involve me in their trist in anyway. Otherwise, nope doesn't affect my day to day life.

10. sroberts9 profile image81
    sroberts9posted 5 years ago

Well first, I'm happily married in a "holy matrimony."  This same sex marriage law going around is not a "holy matrimony."  It's a mockery of what God created for a man and woman.

it definitely is. woman was made for man, anything other than that was man created and not natural

11. ii3rittles profile image83
    ii3rittlesposted 5 years ago

I don't believe it is "right" or natural for two men to be together or two women to be together (if it were, they would be able to reproduce without the help of technology and doctors). Marriage was for man and woman since it began. Does it directly affect my life? No, because I know where I stand. I don't agree with it and never will but people have to find their own paths. I'm sticking on mine! I can sit here and judge and get angry about it but there is no point. No matter what you feel is right or wrong we must all remember to love one another and except each other as they are.

nice answer but just because you dont agree doenst mean that you are judging. and because it affects your life doesnt mean that you hate them

12. kalokairi profile image38
    kalokairiposted 5 years ago

if i was a laywer it would affect so much my life because the number of divorce would  be increased.But now i dont care.