jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is your marriage Love or Arranged? Any successful love story to share? :)

1. Kusha Soni profile image68
    Kusha Soniposted 5 years ago

Is your marriage Love or Arranged? Any successful love story to share? smile

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7199447_f260.jpg

2. lburmaster profile image81
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Love. We met when he was fixing my car just 5 minutes away from my home. Two weeks later, and on the second date, he officially called me his girlfriend and we have been together since. He stayed with me through college, helped me through difficult medical times, and I did the same. Though he always got hurt more than I did and still does. We lived together before marriage and that seemed to put a serious note on our relationship, that there was a possibility of getting married. If anything, living together made us stronger and feel more comfortable around each other.
    If my marriage had been arranged, my parents would have chosen an engineer that I would be irritated with. My mother still believes I should get a divorce and leave and always reminds me of the option. It is saddening that my mother does not like my relationship. However, I can work around it by moving away from her.

3. Escobana profile image74
    Escobanaposted 5 years ago

In some ways my wedding next year could be understood by other's as arranged.

Me (Dutch) and my partner (Brazilian) need to marry if we want to have a future in Spain. That's where I live currently. He lives in Brazil currently. If we don't marry he can only stay here for 3 months as a tourist.

The same rules for me if we want to live in Brazil.

However if you want to read about an amazing lovestory, succesful, still writing it's own path, check out my Hub http://escobana.hubpages.com/hub/Can-I- … g-Good-Bye

Our marriage would be a love marriage definitely!

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

We fell in love and married 42 years ago.  A gal I worked with at introduced us.  He was her son's best friend.  We dated for just under 4 months and just fell hard and couldn't be away from each other.

We would not live together (or other "stuff) before marrying so we went to a judge and got married with my aunt and uncle present. 

We are still together, he is my best friend and I miss him when we are apart.  He is an amazing person and I have great love and respect for him.  Definitely a keeper!

5. Kusha Soni profile image68
    Kusha Soniposted 5 years ago

Thanks everyone for sharing your story smile Nice to hear about and take inspiration from the successful stories of people...

working