jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Why are people so addicted to drama?

1. elenagarcia profile image74
    elenagarciaposted 5 years ago

Why are people so addicted to drama?

Why do people insist on turning everything into drama?  Even to the point of purposely choosing what is not good for them, they will go to so many lengths to create and/or keep drama in their lives.  What is the attraction?

2. Sarah Kulpa profile image59
    Sarah Kulpaposted 5 years ago

Well a possible reason is that they want attention of course. I mean they make those reality shows full of basket cases for a reason. People can't help, but to watch a wreck. It may have to do with their negative behavior being reinforced at an early age. Since it had success they kept with it subconsciously.

And some people are just depressed and always go for the most self destructive path because of it. Hard to say really without knowing the person.

3. Rosana Modugno profile image84
    Rosana Modugnoposted 5 years ago

I find that most people that seek drama are people that either seek attention for themselves but don't know exactly how to go about it or they lead very boring lives and need to feel alive by inviting some kind of energy in, even if that energy is negative.

1. profile image0
      paxwillposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes, it's kind of like the old adage "any publicity is good publicity."

4. Goody5 profile image72
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

At a certain point in a person's life drama gets old, and I'm now past that point.

5. profile image0
    paxwillposted 5 years ago

It's a need for attention that they simply can't get any other way.  If you look at the forum, the people who start the most drama are clearly the ones with the least going on in their personal lives, otherwise they wouldn't have time for such nonsense.  If you have real people in your real life and more important projects to attend to, you don't engage in drama queen wars because you are getting fulfillment through other channels.

A lot of human behavior can be understood by figuring out what needs are/aren't being met.

6. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 5 years ago

Perhaps they feel this is how they get attention...ah the stories of fellow ladies I could tell here. Anyway, there is often a lot of insecurity going on whether or not they admit it and they need to feel that they are either in demand to be around or that they are somehow better than others in some way...any way at all. Personally, I avoid these types of people because if they can't do what's best for themselves and considerate of others, it's just a matter of time before they turn and direct their nonsense on you.

working