Would you rather get married to the one you love or the one who loves you?

1. Barine Sambaris profile image76
    Barine Sambarisposted 5 years ago

Would you rather get married to the one you love or the one who loves you?

In a relationship who should love more, you or your partner? Which makes a better relationship?

2. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 5 years ago

Sounds like the basis for a good Glen Frey song:

"...Are you going to stay with the one who loves you
    or are you going back to the one you love.
    Someone's going to cry when they know they've lost you
    and someone's going to thank...the stars above."

If I were a selfish sort, I would think that it would be in my best interest to get married to one that loves me. But, seeing how I am not a selfish sort...I would rather marry a woman that I fully adore.

Too bad I cannot have it both ways, because it would sure be great to adore someone and be adored right back. Knowwhatimean?

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 5 years ago

As a man I can't see any point to marrying a woman I did not love. In fact I doubt if you'll find too many guys willing to (marry) women they don't love. They may be willing to (stay married) to women they've fallen out of love with.
    Having said that I can't see myself knowingly marrying someone that did not love me back either.
    I've never bought into the belief that in order to be "happy" one has to be married. I really enjoyed being single. The only reason to give that up is because you found someone who is "special" and you want to build a life together.