jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Don't you just hate it when you do something 'low' you never thought you'd do?

1. techap profile image68
    techapposted 5 years ago

Don't you just hate it when you do something 'low' you never thought you'd do?

2. Alaina Smith Cain profile image61
    Alaina Smith Cainposted 5 years ago

Yeah, but then I try to correct the wrong or, at least, apologize for it. After that I be sure to always forgive myself even if the other person didn't because guilt is the heaviest burden you can ever carry.

1. MissJamieD profile image71
      MissJamieDposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Amen to that!

3. Li Galo profile image79
    Li Galoposted 5 years ago

Yes.  But this happens to everyone.  No one is perfect.  Anyone who pretends they never have done something wrong is a liar.  So, I just forgive myself and make efforts to be a better person.  I also keep it in perspective.  In the larger picture, if these things are infrequent, they are not a sign of an overall character flaw but rather a lapse in judgement.

4. kabugalewis profile image59
    kabugalewisposted 5 years ago

in my opinion, its good to do some of these things ever so often otherwise you might end up hating your life

1. ketage profile image81
      ketageposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I would not hate my life if I did not do anything ( low ), I might actually be happier with myself.

5. ii3rittles profile image82
    ii3rittlesposted 5 years ago

I believe the one's who feel wrong for doing wrong have a soul that is heading in the right direction. No one is perfect, and we must all learn from our mistakes but I will never be in joy from making another person feel worthless or bad. Even when a person makes me mad or hurts me. I admit, I think of things to do to get even with someone that may have hurt me or made me mad, but I can never bring myself to do them. I simply don't like hurting other people. I think I have come a long way to get like that and through understanding how the heart works, and looking outside the box in every situation, I am able to better understand people. Its not rocket science to understand what hurts other people & what brings them joy. Sometimes all it takes to hurt a person is the wrong look of your face, or to make them happy, a kind smile. I make mistakes like everyone else, but I can never hate a mistake that I learned a valuable lesson from.

6. ketage profile image81
    ketageposted 5 years ago

Admitting to yourself that you did something ( Low ) and feeling bad about it is the first step to making it right. Apologizing and trying to make amends is the second step, we are all human and make mistakes. Trying to correct those mistakes is what makes a better person.