jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

What was your nickname when you were growing up? Did it stick -- is it the same

1. wiserworld profile image92
    wiserworldposted 5 years ago

What was your nickname when you were growing up? Did it stick -- is it the same now?

2. Tinsky profile image95
    Tinskyposted 5 years ago

My nickname was "Mickey Finn" because I never liked wearing clothes.  My father back in the early 70's photographed me coming up the back stairs holding my undies in my hand, stark naked.  I don't get called that anymore. But when at home, and because I live in a hot climate I do wear my birthday suit a lot in summer.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

When I was a youngster, I was a bit overweight so my nickname was "Beefy." As I grew older, I worked out with weights and became bulked up, so the nickname stuck. This has been years ago, only a few old friends still call me this.

4. profile image0
    Beth37posted 5 years ago

My boyfriend at the time said I was like a teddy bear so my friends all called me Teddie. Luckily it only lasted 2 or 3 years.

5. petenali profile image84
    petenaliposted 5 years ago

My nickname was "Shilton" all through school.  It came from my playing as a goalkeeper in football (soccer) for many years.  At that time Peter Shilton was playing for England in goal and we shared the same first name, so my playing colleagues called me Shilton.  It stuck for many years, but ended after my school days.  I kept playing football but my older colleagues never used it.

6. Author Cheryl profile image89
    Author Cherylposted 5 years ago

My sister called me sissy because she couldn't say my name or sister when she was little.  I spent all my life with that name up until now she and some others still call me sissy.

7. clara kish@yahoo. profile image71
    clara kish@yahoo.posted 5 years ago

When I  was little people would ask me what my name was and I would tell them",Cherry wese". Clara Louise is my name But for 80  some years I  have been Cherry except   people that I worked with or went to  school with,  I like my nickname better than my  real one , I guess because I am more used to it.

8. DzyMsLizzy profile image96
    DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago

I never had a nickname of any kind, whether of a personality trait or from my name.  My first name (which I no longer use) was a short name that did not have a nickname to it.
    It always made me mad as a kid, because all my friend's names had nicknames....Barbara was Barb or Bobbie; Sharon was Susie; Patricia was Pat;, etc....and I felt 'left out' of the 'nickname club.'  Silly, I know...but...that's kids for ya.

9. Neinahpets profile image85
    Neinahpetsposted 5 years ago

Step-on-me.  The only one who still uses it would be my dad, so it definitely sticks.

10. SoundNFury profile image82
    SoundNFuryposted 5 years ago

My nickname was "Chobes" lol.  It evolved from calling me "Anchovy" because my middle name is Anthony.  That became "Chovy" and then Choby" and eventually "Chobes" - which many of my friends to this day continue to call me.

11. jravity1 profile image69
    jravity1posted 5 years ago

six pack.... when I was real young, my step dad always made me run to get the beer from the fridge. It didn't stick, well it stuck in my head.

12. Healthy Mike profile image61
    Healthy Mikeposted 5 years ago

I didn't have a nickname whilst growing up and i think this could partly be attributed to my non-conformity to social peer groups which would label you according to your behavior. I was moderate in most of my undertakings so nicknames hardly came by ( not that i could have minded but i still fell content with people just calling me 'mike'!)