jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

How should I have handled this guy, who came on as really friendly but played pu

1. Say Yes To Life profile image80
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 4 years ago

How should I have handled this guy, who came on as really friendly but played push-pull games?

He would come an hour late to a date for no good reason. He didn't want to go to a Christmas dance, so I went solo. He showed with another woman - and made a huge deal of it. After that, at every dance, he'd grab a woman and drag her over to me. I didn't know how to get rid of him without making a scene.

A couple ideas:

1) Bring a big burly guy, and have him flirt in a homosexual way (he's homophobic).

2) Tell the women he flaunted in my face what's going on, and all of us get together and stalk him like Michael Jay Fox.

Other ideas? This may help lots of others besides me.

2. Janelle Coulton profile image59
    Janelle Coultonposted 4 years ago

Tell him to go away; anyone who does this kind of thing has no respect for you. If he does not stop following you around, file a complaint with the police.

1. stricktlydating profile image77
      stricktlydatingposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yep I agree tell him to go away, be firm and don't get into a discussion with it, just tell him to leave you alone.  Also try to avoid places where he may be as it might only cause you hasstle.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

Steer clear of him in anyway. This type of personality is not healthy to be around.

4. Borsia profile image46
    Borsiaposted 4 years ago

Just tell him loudly and clearly what a loser he is in front of everyone, including the other women, and that he needn't ever bother to call you again.

5. Theophanes profile image98
    Theophanesposted 4 years ago

Look, I don't know you, but I am pretty sure you are worth more than this slimebag. You should show him just as much respect as he's shown you. Flirt with every man on the floor and ask them to dance before excusing yourself to the bathroom and driving off, preferably after he's paid for a good dinner. Or if you want to go the sane route just cut off contact with him - tell him he's not worth your time or energy and leave.

6. ketage profile image81
    ketageposted 4 years ago

Brush him off, do not have any conversations with him, do not answer his calls or messages. If he does approach you again, tell him politely but firmly you are not interested, if that does not work get a big burly male friend to talk to him.
    Do not let his behavior bother you, he isn't worth even thinking about or getting annoyed over.

7. Say Yes To Life profile image80
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 4 years ago

Thanks everyone for your answers!  It sounds like giving him the cold shoulder from the get-go, and consistently continuing to do so, is the best idea.

1. Borsia profile image46
      Borsiaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

yep you got it, life is too short to waste time on silly games.
      So don't waste your time or emotions on losers like this.

working