jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (16 posts)

What do you and your significant other fight/disagree MOST about?

1. Seek-n-Find profile image87
    Seek-n-Findposted 4 years ago

What do you and your significant other fight/disagree MOST about?

Alternately, what topic is the easiest for you to agree upon?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7866411_f260.jpg

2. PatrickC profile image60
    PatrickCposted 4 years ago

Our views on discipline. For the children and for the dogs. She is more strict and inconsistent and I'm 99% fair. She does the motherly thing of yelling from another room at one child or the other without knowing what happened or who was at fault. I give the innocent until proven guilty method a go in most cases.

Seek-n-Findposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I imagine discipline can be a challenge especially when there is not agreement. My husband and I hope to have kids soon but in the meantime we are working to find ways of agreement before kiddos arrive.  Dishes is our first topic to try to agree on!

3. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

We disagree the most about his family and how to handle them. His uncle sold David's truck illegally, his mother stalks her boyfriend and has been married three times, his father was abusive and David get's paranoid and stressed being around the guy. It's a difficult situation so we try to stay away from them.
    The easiest to agree upon... probably what to eat. Whatever he wants is usually the meal. As long as it isn't too spicy.

Oh wow--that's some intense stuff to deal with there!  Family dynamics can be difficult to handle together.  Have you found ways to partner together in the midst of the challenges?

2. lburmaster profile image84
      lburmasterposted 4 years agoin reply to this

By staying out of it, or just ignoring his family. It's not difficult, they only pop up once a year. His dad once every few months. We just stick together, sometimes not talking about it helps. If we need to make a decision, we talk it out.

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

We rarely argue or fight but when we do it is usually because of my sarcasm. I end up saying something I shouldn't and he gets his feeling hurt and so it goes.

I think on most other things we sort of agree to disagree. We get along great and have opposing views on many things. I guess our biggest area of agreement is our feelings about our kids and grandkids, and our faith.

Agreeing to disagree--that's an agreement that I think could help many couples!  Sometimes its just okay to acknowledge that's how it is and leave it be.  :-)

5. Silverspeeder profile image59
    Silverspeederposted 4 years ago

Nothing as she knows I am always right.

Joking apart there are many things as there are 29 years between our ages. It never seems to come to a full scale argument though as we seem to be able to agree to disagree and leave it at that.

a useful insight to accept that we won't always agree on everything and that's okay!

6. ExpectGreatThings profile image85
    ExpectGreatThingsposted 4 years ago

Mostly we disagree about his work. I usually think he's addicted to his job at the expense of our family, and he thinks he is obligated to do their bidding at any time of day or night since it is what supports our family financially. We are both wrong and working on finding a balance smile

I'm happy to say we agree on holidays and visiting extended family. It is the most precious time of year for both of us - since we live far from both of our families. I'm so glad my family adores him, and his family has always been really sweet to me!

You are in a great place to have awareness and a direction to head.  :-)  Thanks for your comment!

7. Michael-Milec profile image61
    Michael-Milecposted 4 years ago

We don't " fight " anymore, we used to have disagreements on small issues when we were learning how to raise children, what is good or better for them . Soon we realized how life is different when two  people love each other living apart , comparing to that when they live together under the same name in the same place. Those two individuls will remain for the rest of their life female and male. Very much seing and knowing things differently. What we've done,first, we realized that two decision can't be executed at the particular need to be solved . Learning to admitt that the other is right takes little by little to subduing ego, as well as practical knowledge of 1.Cor. 13 ... ( love doesn't seek it's own advantage ,to apply.)We  made decision not to mind other people's sense or nonsense of lifestyle, including those of relatives nd close friends, including fellow- church- members. It has been distatestful even to participate in conversation about the others;  we wanted to talk the "  eternal " values instead . . . Concentration on higher value and having more private time   within family helped us tremendously to grow in integrity , maintaining absolute moral values , grooving in wisdom and knowledge , increasingly getting used to be active in the deeds of the Kingdom as our Lortd Jesus Messiah instructed believers to do. Now looking back, analyzing  we see when two pope decide to be tolerable ,giving the best they like to the other person, both have the best all the time...

Good for you!  Very well-said!  Thank you for your answer--it is encouraging.  :-)

8. ESPeck1919 profile image95
    ESPeck1919posted 4 years ago

We disagree most about education and gun control.

We agree most about humor, hiking and civil issues like LGBTQ and women's rights.

9. sarahmoose profile image79
    sarahmooseposted 4 years ago

We tend to disagree most about housework! We both work full time, and I have a second job, but I also seem to have to do a lot of the work round the house.

working