Do relationships with a schizophrenic person at a younger age (20's) actually la

1. arieanacroom profile image60
    arieanacroomposted 4 years ago

Do relationships with a schizophrenic person at a younger age (20's) actually last?

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

Most relationships fail period!
    If they did not we'd all be married to our high school sweethearts! If you throw in (youth) and (mental illness) you're not exactly increasing the odds of having a lifelong relationship. The majority of people seek out mates with the (least) amount of "baggage". All love and relationships are a calculated gamble.
    You have to really know (yourself) before you select a mate. Only you know what you want in a mate. Keep in mind people want to be loved and appreciated for who they are. Therefore you don't want to be with someone hoping they'll change.
    There are only two ways to experience joy and peace of mind in relationships. We either get what we want or we learn to be happy with what we have.
    Best of luck!

3. AnnaCia profile image82
    AnnaCiaposted 4 years ago

Mental illnesses as physical illnesses are aspects to take into account when trying to decide to have a relationship.  If is you or a hypotherical "person" who is schizophrenic, the most important thing is to really know that the illness is under control and that the person suffering from it really takes care of him-herself.  The partner should have knowledge of the illness, the ups and downs and triggers.  It is my personal opinion that me being 20 years old and have to decide, I would wait of look elsewhere.

working