jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What do most people prefer- to love or to be loved?

1. LensMan999 profile image53
    LensMan999posted 4 years ago

What do most people prefer- to love or to be loved?

According to me, most people want to be loved by others. It is much easier than the other. What’s your opinion?

2. DDE profile image25
    DDEposted 4 years ago

I feel it is easier to be loved by others but to love someone is not easy, it can be complicated, love grows so loving someone takes times

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

I suspect the majority of people are more interested in finding someone to love and care about them; than they are interested in finding someone for (them) to love and care about.
    Even on HP I've seen numerous questions and hubs asking: How can you tell if someone really loves you? or How to tell if a guy is into you?
    Love is a gamble and no one wants to play the fool. Most people are afraid to trust and you can't truly be "in love" with someone unless you completely trust them. People tend to want the kind of the love that they are unwilling or unable to give.

4. lumen2light profile image60
    lumen2lightposted 4 years ago

There is no preference. To truly feel the love of another we must first know, understand and give our love, heart and soul to someone else. Only when we have fallen in love can we feel, appreciate and cherish the love of others.

True love is totally unconditional, and always understanding. And hopefully you receive equally what you give.