jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Would you forgive one who left you?

1. raven heft profile image60
    raven heftposted 4 years ago

Would you forgive one who left you?

How would your feel if you were in love with someone that left you and came back for apologies? What if that person truely was sorry?

2. DDE profile image24
    DDEposted 4 years ago

I can for give easily but off-course forgetting the problem or incident doesn't go away that easily.

3. moronkee profile image76
    moronkeeposted 4 years ago

I will forgive but I will be watchful and careful so that I don't get wounded emotionally. Once bitten twice shy.

4. suzettenaples profile image90
    suzettenaplesposted 4 years ago

Provided there is full discussion of the matter and the reasons behind the abandonment, then yes, forgiveness is possible, and I can forgive.  As others have said, forgetting is not as easy.  The person who left, must assure it will not happen again and trust would have to be rebuilt one step at a time.  Communication is the key and without proper communication, nothing can happen or change.

5. Eunice Stuhlhofer profile image60
    Eunice Stuhlhoferposted 4 years ago

I would forgive because forgiveness is not about that person but about you who is hurting. When you forgive him or her, you set yourself free from bitterness to begin again (even if with that very person). Sometimes when others leave it can be a blessing, only that we don't see it then because we are in pain. And again there is always something to learn from every experience.

Best wishes

working