jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Have you and your spouse talked through marriage goals or expectations?

1. allisonlawrence profile image76
    allisonlawrenceposted 4 years ago

Have you and your spouse talked through marriage goals or expectations?

Have you set any kind of goal for different areas (family, finances, community, etc.)? Do you talk through any kind of expectations, such as chores, finances, roles, etc.

2. Jester98 profile image72
    Jester98posted 4 years ago

Ya know sometimes, but then we forget lol. I think this is a great idea and things should be written down so you can go back and look and see what you have or have not done. Looks like I know what we are doing tonight ;-)

3. CraftytotheCore profile image82
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

My husband and I work very well together.  We set goals and work toward them for our future.  Even when there are setbacks that can't be avoided such as sickness, we take each day at a time. 

We share chores, never really setting forth who is responsible for them, just doing them when they need to be done.  It works out that way.  Neither of us is expected to have a certain "role" in that regard so there is no bickering about why we didn't do our share.  (We both grocery shop, we both pay bills, we both share chores, etc.)  We are essentially equals.

At night, we both sit down and help the children with their homework.  One of us does the dishes or laundry at the same time.  I'm home during the day because I have a home studio.  So, I probably do more housework.  But he's right there helping if I need him.

We work together for a common goal:  at night after everyone else is asleep, we can finally rest and enjoy each other's company.

4. Globetrekkermel profile image76
    Globetrekkermelposted 4 years ago

I leave the finances to my husband. He's got the better perspective than I am.I am  not too fond of handling the finances like setting goals because I see this as not so important and I have a different way of looking at material things. If I had my way , I'd give it all up.Can't take it with me to the grave anyway.Why not have your stuff be enjoyed by others. I always get a kick out of giving.I came into the world with nothing and I will exit the same way. So what's the fuss about goals and expectations? HMMM....

5. Daddy Paul profile image72
    Daddy Paulposted 4 years ago

The time to do this is before you are married.

working