jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What can you do to make marriage better, when spouse gets in bad moods at bedtim

1. brakel2 profile image80
    brakel2posted 4 years ago

What can you do to make marriage better, when spouse gets in bad moods at bedtime creating stress?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

Is it sexual tension? If so, try performance enhancing drugs. They now make them for men and women.

3. dghbrh profile image78
    dghbrhposted 4 years ago

Just one should feel that the other person needs to be cared for more then usual may be as by showing the bad mood its apparent that he/she is suffering for something or the other more then you at least. So love and more care, passion and the pampering should lessen the stress I hope. Best wishes:-)
    Interesting question. Thank you.

4. micadeolu profile image48
    micadeoluposted 4 years ago

Realization passed on to couples that marriages are meant for blessings will do great job in mending and initiating new unions. Many have not realized that the whole of creation of God is based on the principle of a simple atomic structure; proton, electron and neutron. The proton and electron are the married couple, and the neutron is the offspring. This is constantly repeated in every elements.

5. CraftytotheCore profile image83
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

I think that as people grow together in a marriage, sometimes we slip as humans. 
    My grandparents were married 60 years and had turbulent arguments before bed around the last 10 years before my grandmother died.  They loved each other nonetheless but looking in from outside made a person weary.

Don't let the sun go down on your anger.  Treat each moment as if it's the last good night.  Maybe make a ritual out of watching a favorite show together or playing a board game.  Taking a moonlit stroll or sitting in a coffee shop relaxing by a favorite slice of pie.  Life is hard enough to go to bed stressed.  Sleeping is for relaxing. 

What does the spouse like to do?  Favorite hobby?  Best loved sweets?  Think about ways to make him/her happy while snuggling in for a good night's rest.

6. Faith Reaper profile image88
    Faith Reaperposted 4 years ago

Interesting question and I remember reading somewhere that if couples set aside a moment every night to focus on what’s good about their marriage, then, no matter what — if you’re angry, if he’s angry, or if you’re both exhausted — kiss goodnight for six seconds.  Sure, sometimes you’ll be so mad or tired that the kiss will last for six nanoseconds. But it will remind you of your enduring affection, and besides — long kisses often lead to something even better than conversation.

7. PoeticFailosophy profile image58
    PoeticFailosophyposted 4 years ago

My spouse always bothers me about stuff when I'm trying to go to bed.  I'd rather be bothered when I'm awake enough to appreciate the full inconvenience of the botheration.  If you ask me, it would improve married life if there was a cut-off time.  Like no more crap after 11 pm.

8. DDE profile image24
    DDEposted 4 years ago

It is difficult when faced with such situations you got to be calm and sit down and talk about it.  Don't ignore each other if you feel his moods are bad and is feeling stressed out during bed time massage each other and try to feel relaxed while using this approach he becomes stress free and is able to communicate

9. profile image52
    skytreeroadposted 4 years ago

Ask him or her why the bad mood surfaces at bedtime. Is the day too short, is the morning too close, does sex enter into this? Try a nice hot sudsy bath, if you have the accommodations for that, for the fussy mate. If they don't want it you can enjoy it. Try to make sure that things are kept up, a place for everything and everything in its place to ease stress. Maybe try turning the noise level down earlier. Being in the same room a bit more, you know the situation better than anyone.

working