jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

How do you define love ?

1. Harishprasad profile image80
    Harishprasadposted 4 years ago

How do you define love ?

This  word fascinates me no end. Even in animals and birds,  this sentiment is very much visible. We humans interpret it in so many words that it is very difficult to comprehend a very close word. When I ponder over it, I find it appropriate  to be compared to God Himself. Why? it is because God does not differentiate and in a like manner love also sees all as purely love. So if we say that God is God and nothing else, the same is equally true for love. As one cannot find the depth of God, love cannot be measured also. I want to see how much we know about this great word, second after God.

2. jojo29 profile image70
    jojo29posted 4 years ago

Love is a verb. An action word that defines noun and pronoun. It becomes adjective when you describe and shows what you feel. It is an adverb when you make it happen.

Harishprasadposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Jojo29, thanks for your response. Languages of the world have become rich with having this word in their lap. So long people love beings and things around, God will be happy with the world as love is another name of Heaven on earth.

3. DDE profile image24
    DDEposted 4 years ago

Love is when  you act on your emotions, and can't be without a certain individual.  When you  year to see that someone and have butterflies in your tummy each time in the presence of that person. You want to be there and smile at him or her showing you are interested you would anything to be with that person. Love is when you feel something in the pit of your  tummy,  Love is when you want to  share your life with that someone to be there and caress them, to allow for you to be with only that person and nobody else. Love is when you look no further than what is right in front of you, with respect and the pure touch and only the touch of that person will make you feel your best like a wave going through you when you ar with a person the kind that you can't turn away from you must renew your love all the time to make it most special and well bonded.

DDE, I liked your comment. Thank you very much. Am convinced that whosoever is/comes under the shadow of your love is really blessed.

2. DDE profile image24
      DDEposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I am really blessed  thanks and I  appreciate  you reading my answer

4. Troyangeluk profile image49
    Troyangelukposted 4 years ago

..................dangerous but true.....................

5. Author Cheryl profile image87
    Author Cherylposted 4 years ago

Loveā€¦ a small word for such a complex emotion.
    There is no simple explanation for it,
    because love is made up of many things.
    It cannot be measured, because it is a feeling.

All of the money in the world cannot buy love;
    it has to be earned.
    It does not happen by wishing;
    it must come about naturally.
    Love is not an instantaneous emotion,
    but something that grows slowly between
    two people, maturing with time.
    Once love has reached maturity,
    there is no stronger bond between two people.

Love is sharing the good and the bad,
    the hopes and the dreams,
    the amusing times and the serious times.
    It is doing things together, yet leaving room
    for each to grow as an individual.

How do I know these things about Love?
    Because out of faith, hope and love:
    The greatest of them all is love.

Author Cheryl , I am amazed to see every comment in response to my question. Every comment looks as if it has been spoken by God. So nicely have we assimilated the spirit of this word in our very soul. Thanks a lot, dear. Keep spreading love to all.

6. lupine profile image71
    lupineposted 4 years ago

Your definition of love is quite concise, it is possible to see and feel love everywhere, not just in people. Love can be found in many ways, depending on what, or who you love. As humans, we try to analyze things and get answers, so things can get complicated, therefore; we aren't enjoying pure simple love as it should be. Love in couples starts out as an attraction, then has the possibility of turning into love, or maybe not. Love can end in relationships because it was not true love. Real love has no measure of time, or boundaries, it is everlasting. For example, when our loved ones are gone, we don't stop loving them. There is no simple definition of love, only how each of us interprets it as individuals.

lupine, I am convinced of your remarkable wisdom in everything you pick up to grasp it's essence. The sentence," As humans ........complicated". Is such a fine one that all meanings of love can be merged into this one only. Thank you very much.

2. lupine profile image71
      lupineposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Harishprasad, I am truly honored by your words! Your perception is amazing! Thank you for asking this question...I learned more about myself in responding to it. Thank you for choosing me, for best answer.

working