jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

Does he like me or was it just a one night thing??

1. profile image50
    wantanameraposted 4 years ago

Does he like me or was it just a one night thing??

there is this guy I met at the night club he danced with me and then we made out for like an hour. then later he had to go home but my cab wasn't here yet he said he didn't want to leave me so he took me to his house.  my parents were so mad that I was scared to be in trouble. But he was always there hugging me telling me that everything will be fine. Now the next day I send him a facbook message but he doesn't talk that much to me. I really like him but im just confused if he likes me back or did he just want to hook up with me last night??? I don't know what to do next

2. savvydating profile image96
    savvydatingposted 4 years ago

Sweet girl, he doesn't really like you. When a guy likes you,  they do not take you to their house straight away, nor do they NOT talk to you "that much" on Facebook. He just wanted to have some fun. He played you a bit. Hopefully, you didn't hop into bed with him. Long story short, it's best to take things a lot more slowly with the getting "physical" thing. When a guy likes you, he will practice a lot more patience. Don't ever feel like you have to do something you're not ready to do. That way, you can weed out the sincere guys from the guys who just want to use you and toss you aside. Change your mindset, and you'll do just fine. Meanwhile, delete this guy from your life. Forever.

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

First of all meeting someone at a "night club" usually involves alcohol and swaying to the music. It's all about having FUN.
    It's way too early to be wondering if someone really (likes) you. Odds are he liked you in the moment. I don't believe you were "tricked" into doing anything that you did not want to do. Therefore I don't buy into either of you getting "used".
    You went to his house because (you) wanted to go to his house! Just because your cab had not arrived doesn't mean you had to go to this guy's house. If he could take you to his house he could have just as easily dropped you off at your parent's house.
    We also know that your father would have come to get you!
    The (next) day you sent him a "Facebook" message. Grown people pick up the phone and call each other. I don't mean to come down hard on you but I do want to point out the fact that you are NOT mature enough to be playing the "nightclub scene." No mature person pins their hopes of having a relationship with someone based upon consuming alcohol, dancing, and hooking up the first night they meet.
    When you hook up with a man under these circumstances he does not assume that you are hoping he will become your boyfriend, significant other, or possible husband. From his point of view it's (two consenting adults) out on the town who connect. No one owes anyone anything beyond that evening.
    Having said that, (actions) speak louder than words. You were the one (under the gun or feeling the heat in this scenario). If he was really "concerned" about you then (he) would have contacted you the next day to see how things went with your parents.
    There are too many reasons to list why a guy may have distanced himself after a night like this; he did not want to deal with your potential family drama, he already has a girlfriend, the "make out" or sex session wasn't so great that he (had) to have seconds, you're not "his type" for serious relationship consideration....etc
    Men treat you one way if they're "into you" and another way when they are not. The lesson here is not that he is some kind of "jerk". The real lesson is YOU are responsible for (your) actions!
    Never kiss, make out, or have sex with anyone you just met while having an "agenda" other than to have a good time. To do so is (setting yourself) up for possible disappointment.

1. savvydating profile image96
      savvydatingposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Not so fast. No one said "tricked." Yes, she made a choice, but women think rather differently than men. She wanted him to like her, and she went against her instincts. Unfortunately, women do that. I try to teach them to slow down & be smarter.

2. dashingscorpio profile image86
      dashingscorpioposted 4 years agoin reply to this

savvydating, I never said anyone said she was "tricked". I simply acknowledged the fact that there were (no) tricks. Men also go against their instincts. Taking responsibility for one's mistakes is a sign of maturity. We learn from (our) mistakes.

3. savvydating profile image96
      savvydatingposted 4 years agoin reply to this

A teenager with a fake I.D. doesn't have maturity. In fact, when it comes to romance, neither do most 50 year-old people... which is why the best thing to do is slow down. This is where the girl must take charge, dashing s; the boy almost never will.

4. dashingscorpio profile image86

savvydating, Clearly she lacks maturity! No mature person would be asking if someone "likes" them after knowing them for less than 24 hours. The boy could be just as immature in not considering her possible motives for saying yes. Life lessons!

4. Cre8tor profile image98
    Cre8torposted 4 years ago

I'm with dashingScorpio on much of this and I can't help but wonder if you're much older than 16. The one thing I would like to add to other comments is that when people meet and there is a connection, this question never gets asked. Therefore, if you or anyone else wakes up the next day or 2 asking themselves if the other person "liked them for like, real", the answer is no.

5. DDE profile image24
    DDEposted 4 years ago

So much has changed  over the centuries so meeting someone at a night club is  common and I don't think he is into you. It was a one night thing and a guy who doesn't care about your feelings  or nor does he respects you.

1. dashingscorpio profile image86

Respect is earned overtime. When girls give a guy the "brush off" men don't call it disrespect. Too often when women experience "indirect rejection" they view it as not being respected when in fact it just means a guy is not into them.

6. Caroline Muoti profile image76
    Caroline Muotiposted 4 years ago

I'm with the others on this one. It was just a one night stand and nothing more. Best move on girl.

working