jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is marriage a tomb of love?

1. yv0nne profile image62
    yv0nneposted 4 years ago

Is marriage a tomb of love?

Your husband/wife suddenly become a piece of furniture at your place and you don't even look at him/her arriving home. You take each other for granted and you can not recall any happy moment in this relationship. You miss your freedom and when you travel far far away from home - you still do not feel free at all. Your soul is trapped. You are not ready to commit. Or you have committed for too long. It's not that you don't love him/her, you are just sick of the life together.
    What's your take?

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

I actually don't believe one's spouse "suddenly become a piece of furniture". Generally what happens is you have one person who distances them self from their mate, stops being romantic, avoids intimacy, shows a lack of enthusiasm towards doing anything together.... and eventually the "romantic" person gives up. It's easier for them to stop making the effort than it is to get their mate to make an effort to keep the romance alive.
    "Monogamy becomes boring when couples become lazy."
    "It's easier to maintain a fire than it is to reignite a spark!"

3. Lapse profile image61
    Lapseposted 4 years ago

In my experience, this happens when the couple loses sight of why attracted them to each other in the first place.  The easier it is to lose sight of that the more likely you married the wrong person.  Its essentially why to me, short engagements are very bad judgment.  Unless maybe you already knew the person.  You need to try the person out!  You can't be getting married and THEN learning what your spouse is all about!  In your story either the couple didn't evaluate their compatibility well enough and/or one of them was too selfish to compromise as needed by every healthy relationship.

4. DDE profile image27
    DDEposted 4 years ago

When two people marry the make a life time commitment together for better or worse  and till death do us part etc.  Sometimes couples do feel bored with each other or have had enough and want out but you got yourself in  a marriage and chose your partner people grow and change all the time you can't let the little things get in the way of love.

working