jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do "Swingers" manage to stay in a relationship knowing your partner has sex

1. luisj305 profile image85
    luisj305posted 4 years ago

How do "Swingers" manage to stay in a relationship knowing your partner has sex with other people?..

Many people have trouble maintaining a relationship where they know that they have been cheated on and usually it ends the very moment they find out someone was cheating, with a phone call or a visit to the job or wherever else the spouse might be.

This lifestyle deals with a similar situation except it's an agreement and you know you will both be going to someone else for the night. What do you think keeps this manageable for these couples?

2. Obreinfamily profile image75
    Obreinfamilyposted 4 years ago

I think it is a matter of trust factor. If you are in a trusting relationship than it dosent matter. There is more to a relationship than sex.

3. profile image0
    Alen Ostovicposted 4 years ago

Well technically swingers switch partner with another couple in the same time. Knowing that your partner has sex with someone is an "open relationship" and I think it's pretty much a personal preference. However it's much easier for swingers because they switch partners to enrich their sexual life, while they're both doing it in the same time there's not much blame to go around

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

I believe it's because their primary focus is on what's in store for themselves! When your focus is on YOU then you really don't worry about what is going on with someone else.
    One of the key traits of a cheater is selfishness. They are only thinking about what (they) want and need to be happy. Being a swinger simply allows (both people) to be up front about seeking fulfillment with others for themselves without deception.
    Cheating means (breaking the rules). For those who are in open relationships having sex with multiple partners is not cheating because they are not bound by a promise to be monogamous.

5. DDE profile image24
    DDEposted 4 years ago

Swingers make their decisions and are happy with they make sure their partners are into  switching of partners before diving into  it.

6. somethgblue profile image88
    somethgblueposted 4 years ago

From experience I can say that the "Best" relationship I have ever had was with a beautiful woman in which we agreed to be completely open with other sexual partners.

She would bring women home that needed some rebound sex and I either had the option to make love to them or not. We had the ménage à trois that everyone talks about and she let me pick the partner and we occasionally would sleep with other partners.

However as time went on we found we preferred each others company the best, as there would always be some residual emotions left over from the multi-partner experience that was uncomfortable and mildly painful.

The part I found most refreshing was the honesty and trust it garnered in each other as we never hid anything from each other and were able to openly talk about any topic or fantasy we might consider regardless of whether we acted upon them or not.

Had she not wanted to live in our Nation's Capitol we might still be together as I still consider her my soul mate, but having lived there for 18 years of my life I had no wish to go back and so we went our separate ways . . . however we both have acknowledged to each other that we have never found a relationship more fulfilling since!

working