jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

Where can I get the best girlfriend with the characteristics that I want.

1. Silas Asiago profile image61
    Silas Asiagoposted 4 years ago

Where can I get the best girlfriend with the characteristics that I want.

2. bethperry profile image91
    bethperryposted 4 years ago

Well I think some countries still hold white slave auctions; my hubby tells everyone that's where he found me wink
    But I think going out and meeting people at places that involve activities you enjoy is a good start. If these don't pan out you may wish to consider joining one of those match maker websites. Good luck!

1. Silas Asiago profile image61
      Silas Asiagoposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, meeting people in different social gatherings would be the best way to go, sometimes I feel like am too demanding in all I want from a woman. Maybe I should revise my view of what I want. Thanks  anyway.

3. jarcade92 profile image59
    jarcade92posted 4 years ago

mail order brides? sorry just being cheeky.

4. Tusitala Tom profile image63
    Tusitala Tomposted 4 years ago

You haven't said what 'characteristics' you want.  I assume you mean qualities as well as physical attributes which are the initial attraction.

Sorry, pal.  You won't find such a woman.  There probably isn't a person on earth who could constantly meet all the things we desire of another.  Even if we found one who appeared to meet most of our so-called requirements, they would change.  Everyone changes.  The suffering to ourselve and to others comes when we expect them to constantly behave the way we'd like them to behave.  And that isn't possible.  Nothing, including human relationships ever stays exactly the same.

I think you are hoping to find something in a relationship with someone else who is going to 'make you happy.'    You might even meet someone and seem to 'fall in love.'   So what does this mean?   It means you are not complete in yourself and need someone else to make you whole.  They can't- even if they are willing to spend the rest of their lives endeavouring to do so...and you won't find many women like that around.

But you will find someone.  That's almost certain.   When it happens, be the one willing to do a lot of adjusting...without losing your own sense of worth or integrity, of course.

If you are quite young and haven't had many steady girl friends it could well be you'll find yourself 'heartbroken' a time or three.  This is the way it goes with most people I expect before they settle down with the one they're willing to spend the rest of their life with.   But even when this happens, you've got to be prepared to let your partner 'be their own person' so that they can grow and become what they want to become: not what you want them to become.

I speak from experience.  In a few more weeks I'll have been married to the same woman for fifty-four years.

Good luck.

5. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

Are you certain there is a woman who has the characteristics you want? In other words; are you being realistic about your expectations?
    Create a profile of your "ideal mate". Did she graduate from college? Have a career? If so what type of occupation? How old is she? Does she live in the city or the suburbs? Does she shop for high fashion clothing in department stores or does she not care about such things? What are her hobbies and interests? Is she religious? Does she work out at a gym? Does she participate in charitable organizational activities, Is she an avid traveler? Go out dancing? Listens to live music, play tennis/sports with friends or is she a homebody?
    (You can be as granular as you want with this exercise.)
    The next step is to "Be There"! Once you have created the profile and you know where this type of person is likely to live, work, shop, play, and pray then you have to put yourself in those places in order to meet them in (their) world. I assume that since you have not met her she does not run in the same circles as you.
    However there is one more very important step which I call "transference". Imagine if you were (her) looking at you; "Would you want you?" This requires complete honesty.
    A lot of people are out there asking for the moon but offer little in return. Water seeks it's own level. I tell them:
    "Don't expect to sit next to the moon unless (you) are a star!"
    If you were her and would not want you then you have some work to do in order to cultivate the traits that attracts such a person.

6. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 4 years ago

Imagine a day in the life of you and your future girlfriend. Then ask yourself a few questions. Where does she go on a regular basis? What are her hobbies? What does she like to do for fun? When you have the answers, go to those places to find her.

7. DDE profile image26
    DDEposted 4 years ago

You will not get what you want but can half some of what you want not every girl will be up to your liking or to your standard.

working