jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Why always I hurt the most in relationships......:'(

1. Syeda Zaidi profile image61
    Syeda Zaidiposted 3 years ago

Why always I hurt the most in relationships......:'(

a person I like the most hurt me with a lie.. why always people lie

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8827117_f260.jpg

2. DDE profile image26
    DDEposted 3 years ago

Hurt in relationships can destroy a person's health the pain and lies  can be too much to cope with  the problem is you can't avoid the people you meet you just got to try and see what works for you.  People lie for different reasons  and do't always think it would hurt their partners. They think more of themselves.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

Each of us (chooses) our friends, lovers, and spouse. If this is a recurring theme in your life you may need to examine your criteria for selecting people to become involved with. You get to choose who you spend your time with. You're responsible for your happiness.
    Trust like respect is something that should be (earned) overtime. It's possible you have been trusting people before allowing them to demonstrate they are worthy of your trust!
    "Never separate your mind from your heart when making relationship decisions. The purpose of the mind is to protect the heart."
    Whenever people choose to ignore "red flags" or don't ask questions and analyze the answers given to them they're bound to see and believe whatever it is (they want) to see and believe.
    Lastly there are two reasons why people lie for the most part.
    1. To avoid pain (Either their own from your anger, punishment/breakup, or they don' want to hurt you with the truth/disappointment)
    2. To keep the thrill alive! (They don't want to be asked to stop doing whatever it is they have been doing behind your back.)
    The goal of a cheater is to hold onto all that is good in their primary relationship while addressing their other wants/needs on the side. They're not looking to give up one relationship for another.
    Cheaters don't expect to get caught!

1. profile image0
      Dave36posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I'd say we should always separate our mind from our heart when making relationship decisions, because what's in our heart is always right..Once what's in our heart is found, our mind (if it's under our control) will help us find it.

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Dave36, We're going to have to agree to disagree on this one. I believe you have to use your mind in conjunction with your heart to make "the right choices" for yourself. Using commonsense can prevent a lot of heartaches. :-)

working