jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

What makes you or made you believe in True Love?

1. DDE profile image25
    DDEposted 3 years ago

What makes you or made you believe in True Love?

Love is all around you and finding love can be a problem for many people. Some give up on love  while others don't care for love, or have lost and found love more than once in their lives. Do you think love can hold you together in a marriage or relationship?

2. Epic Horror profile image60
    Epic Horrorposted 3 years ago

The first time I saw my wife and my breath was taken away, thats when I knew true love.

1. DDE profile image25
      DDEposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Well said, and so  greatly mentioned thank you.

3. Veroniquebee profile image75
    Veroniquebeeposted 3 years ago

My great-grandparents. You see, my great-grandpa was divorced by his first wife shortly after he returned from forced labour in Germany, where he was located during WW2. Somehow, he met his second wife, the only great-grandma from this side I've ever had the honour to know and call family, and they made each other complete, like two halves of one piece. Together they went through the tragedy of their only child being stillborn, together they went through the sickness and health, and were together for over 60 years before death did them part. Sure, they had their moments when they would drive each other nuts, but they never let those moments drive them apart; always trading kisses, holding hands and smiling at each other, as if the other had been the only one in the whole of the world.

Anyone who says true love does not exist must be having a very sad, sad life; or at least a life devoid of such loving examples.

1. DDE profile image25

Thank you so love can work out if you let it be

4. profile image60
    billys1posted 3 years ago

I was soured on relationships and marriage due to a very bitter divorce some 15 long years before a bus collided with my car.  After transferring to my rehab hospital I was lying in my hospital bed with two broken legs, a fractured rib and a scratched spleen and a fractured rib when my CNA (Certified Nurses Assistant) peeked around my curtain just to see how I was doing before she started her shift.  The very moment that I saw her eyes I knew I fell in love with her.  I knew that we would date after my hospital stay, we would marry and live together as man and wife forever till death do us part.  Oh yes we do have our major rows and loud and heated disagreements, but the underlying love that glued us together is still holding us there and shows no signs of weakening.  Our happy moments far out weigh our unhappy ones.  Our commitment to each other for better or worse in sickness and health and heated arguments while we ignore any temptations to stray is as strong and warm today as it was that cold January morning in the hospital and with God's help will last us into the next world.  There is a lot of work in a marriage, the give and take and respect for one another can never waver, and it hasn't.  I only wish others could find these good things in their relationships/marriages.

1. DDE profile image25

Great one!  Love can hold you together good luck. Thank you.

working