jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

How to cope with the Envious person?

1. DDE profile image25
    DDEposted 3 years ago

How  to cope with the Envious person?

Envious people are all over the world it becomes a problem when one gets under your skin. How would you cope with such an individual?

2. ARUN KANTI profile image49
    ARUN KANTIposted 3 years ago

Dealing with envious persons  requires tact and prudence. There are several ways to tackle them. We may simply ignore them as if we do not know anything but always remaining careful to note his or her reaction. Secondly if the person  is jealous of your achievements you may allow him to hear more of your good news letting him fume further. In some cases we may have to  confront to enable the person  to admit his fault finally. For some persons like friends you may have to be a bit sympathetic to assist him by remaining by his side and his enviousness will definitely be a thing of the past in time.

1. itsevelyn profile image82
      itsevelynposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I agree with Arun. Generally, I believe people bring positive and negative energy. Wasting time dealing with people who are envious of your achievements is a waste of precious energy which you could be devoting to other passions/pursuits.

2. DDE profile image25
      DDEposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you I have stopped mingling with negative people a  nicely put together answer.

3. Mercia Collins profile image69
    Mercia Collinsposted 3 years ago

It depends why they are envious. It could signify a lack of self-confidence in their own abilities. It could just be that they feel that life has done them down. It could be that they are going through a hard time in their own life. It could simply be that they are jealous.

Why someone is envious dictates how you deal with them. If the person lacks self-confidence, you boost their confidence. If they are going through a hard time, you know what to do. If they are simply jealous, you may want to see less of that person.

Another thing to consider is, someone constantly going on about his or her wonderful life, good luck, good fortune, great new job, new love new home or whatever, can be very galling and wearing if you have just lost your home, love, job or whatever.

1. DDE profile image25
      DDEposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the valuable insight here I learned more from  our answer.