jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Does "I Love you", lose its meaning if it is said too often?

1. clairemy profile image75
    clairemyposted 3 years ago

Does "I Love you", lose its meaning if it is said too often?

It seems to me that this is said very frequently and not always with true feeling, almost as though it is a way to get out of a sometimes difficult situation.

2. vignesh118 profile image60
    vignesh118posted 3 years ago

maybe but then again maybe not. Its not about how many times you say, but more like do you mean it every time. If its heart felt, then no problem. If you just use it for name sake, then there it become problem.

3. ChristinS profile image94
    ChristinSposted 3 years ago

In my mind, actions speak louder than words.  I say I love you daily, but I back it up with being a good partner and mom.  I try to display love by being respectful and kind and setting a good example.  People can say a lot of things, but their actions will tell you what kind of person they truly are.

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

No: How someone feels determines the meaning of their words.
    Just because the "listener" is tired of hearing it or feels forced to say it back when (they) don't want to does not mean the original person stating it feelings have changed.
    Having said that the words "I love you" mean different things to different people. Generally speaking a person will say to themselves: "If he/she really loved me then they would....etc"
    One great question to ask a person early on is: "How do you know when you are loved?"
    Based upon their answer you can tell if you're the (right) person for them. We all have our expectations of what love is supposed to look like. If we're not getting it we say they don't love us!
    Lastly if (you) are "in love" it's hard to imagine you getting tired of hearing your significant other tell you that (they) love you!
    Very often the person who wants their mate to change does so because (they) themselves want to change or stop doing something.
    If you really believe someone is (lying) to you when they say "I love you" then you should dump them! You can't trust a liar.

5. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

I think it does if the person saying it doesn't back it up with their actions. Saying "I love you" isn't enough. You have to show the other person you mean it by the way you treat them.

working