jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Are you a closed thinker?

1. Penny G profile image74
    Penny Gposted 3 years ago

Are you a closed thinker?

By this I mean: not receptive to the other side of the conversation, not self critical, but are quick to point out the faults of others. Do you NOT disclose any information  about yourself, by opening up in a conversation, letting others see the true inter you.

2. mikejhca profile image91
    mikejhcaposted 3 years ago

I don't consider myself to be a closed thinker. I consider myself to be open minded. Sometimes I do experiments to see who is right and who is wrong. However I am often not receptive to the other side of the conversation and I am quick to point out faults in others. Being open mined has its limits.

Often I am not receptive to what closed minded people are saying because it does not make sense to me. There is no reason to consider what they said and test to see if they are correct when I am sure they are wrong. I try different things to learn but trying some things seems pointless. A close minded overweight person keeps telling me that I should eat less. I am not overweight. He does not listen to me when I say that he should exercise more and I don't listen to him when he says I should eat less.

1. Penny G profile image74
      Penny Gposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I see, I too operate this way. I try very hard to be open minded, but cannot listen to absolutely ridiculous talk with no basis for it I have to stop them, and present the facts.

3. DDE profile image25
    DDEposted 3 years ago

I don't mind when others see the real me in many ways if I have to keep a part of private so be it

working