jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What is the difference girl, a young lady and woman?

1. SilentMagenta profile image72
    SilentMagentaposted 3 years ago

What is the difference girl, a young lady and woman?

I never clearly understood the difference. I was taught the difference is based on what the world gives her.
    A girl gets nothing
    A young lady gets to have fun "money, men and parties"
    A woman gets respect
    ...whats your opinion?

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

The only difference in my opinion are the evolutionary stages of maturity at each phase of life. Ideally by the time a girl has become a woman she has shed the "fairytale" aspect of being swept off her feet by prince charming. She is more confident in herself as well as independent and has learned to become practical concerning dating and relationships.

1. SilentMagenta profile image72
      SilentMagentaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I hope my journey continues in the right direction. Thank you for your opinion.

3. Zelkiiro profile image94
    Zelkiiroposted 3 years ago

It's a distinction of age. Below the age of 14, you're a girl. Between the ages of 14 and 18, you're a young lady. Over the age of 18, you're a woman, and the terms "girl" and "young lady" become affectations rather than titles.

1. profile image0
      sheilamyersposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I love this answer!

4. danicole profile image79
    danicoleposted 3 years ago

A girl is a little kid (5-11 yrs old). Doesn't necessarily have to just be age. Some older females act like girls (immature, temper tantrums, irresponsible/ doesn't take any responsibility, depends on other people for money, attention, etc.).

A young lady (preteen-29 yrs old) is an emerging woman that learns to be more responsible, pro-active, etc. Even so, still got a lot of growing up to do; constantly make stupid mistakes (bad boyfriends/friends, staying up all night/get drunk when they know they got work in the morning, spending $500 on shoes with their credit card when they don't have a job). Depends on friends, parents, not that independent emotionally or physically. Naive and haven't found themselves yet

A woman (30+- death) is much more mature, responsible and productive. Has healthier relationships and knows how to balance things. Work with people, not combative, don't make stupid ill inform decisions. Knows herself, more confident, accepts flaws. Has a lot of experiences (which makes them more mature).

That's my opinion (P.S. just because you are certain age doesn't mean you have to be in those categories I mentioned. IF you're 28 and consider yourself a woman!!!! GREAT!!!)