jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

What keeps marriages happy?

1. DDE profile image24
    DDEposted 3 years ago

What keeps marriages happy?

Does love, money, and respect keep a marriage happy?

Any kind of marriage can be happy, sad or loveless. What you put in is what you get out. Do you know what will make a  marriage happiest?
    Are there any happy marriages though no perfect marriages?

2. Lori P. profile image85
    Lori P.posted 3 years ago

All marriages are different, and there is no one formula for marital happiness. People speak about marital happiness as though there is some correct pattern to follow but it should be all about love.

Everyone speaks about love but doesn't really understand the depth of love and all of its power. When you really love someone, you don't find fault or demand reciprocation. When you really love someone, life becomes more about that other person's happiness above your own petty desires. Love is unselfish, forgiving, tolerance, patient, kind. Love is courteous and gentle. Unconditional.

Marriage, or any relationship, should be based on love and everything else will fall into place.

1. DDE profile image24
      DDEposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Hi Lori P. ''All marriages are different.'' Sometimes one partner is a liar from the beginning of marriage and the other  only  finds out much later. Thank you.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

Every marriage will have it's share of challenges.
    Anyone who enters into a marriage expecting everyday to be filled with sunshine and rainbows is naïve, immature, or unrealistic.
    Happiness describes (a moment in time) and not a permanent feeling. It's possible for a couple to be happy one week and unhappy next week based upon the circumstances going on in their lives.
    However the overall deciding factor is when one is asked if they had it to do all over again based upon what they know about their spouse; Would they marry them again? If the answer is "yes" then consider her/him to be happy with their choice. Happiness comes from having whatever it is (you) need.
    It's important to distinguish needs, wants, and "would be nice to have". Nevertheless it's hard to be happy when you don't have what (you) need in order to (feel) loved.

1. DDE profile image24

dashingscorpio, Happiness is of great importance together with love and everything else. You are so right thank you.

4. Sundeep Kataria profile image74
    Sundeep Katariaposted 3 years ago

I quite agree with the comments here. Additionally in my view, it is Acceptability, Recognition, Appreciation of each other's personality and qualities.

Even negative points or different habits have to be accepted ( not tolerated). This is adaptability.

But all this rests on the premise that both the partners are genuinely committed to marriage and are willing to be with each other happily to make their family life harmonious.

1. DDE profile image24

Hello Sundeep Kataria ''genuinely committed is a great point mentioned here thank you.

5. profile image0
    Mel92114posted 3 years ago

I believe there are no perfect marriages. There may be times of disharmony, stress, frustration, etc. but I do believe to be in a happy marriage overall, there has to be respect and fairness from both sides. I've found these to be quite paramount in my own marriage. See where they are coming from in disagreements. Don't treat them in a way you would not want to be treated, and if you do just so happen to in an off-character moment, apologize! Ego must take a backseat if happiness is truly wanted.

It's gotten me this far (20 years)...it works!

1. DDE profile image24

Hi I am married for 22 years and we are together for nearly 24yrs.A long time  and have shared all times together. I so agree with you thank you.

working