What could your partner do to make you believe they were cheating?
1. Become distant and cold with me would be the first reason. But, there are days in everyone's life when we are distant with everybody because we simply want to be alone, or we're not really into talking that day. However is he is distant for a long period, then I'd consider cheating.
2. Nowadays girls and guys play it cool by acting even more romantic and lovely than they really are. This is the second fire sign for sure!
3. He would begin staying in his phone/ email all the time, or his phone vibrates/ rings all the time. Who is he talking to, right?
4. He would not write to me, or answer the phone any time I call, when he did answer before, or would write to me all the time, even when he was having coffee with friends. ... etc.
To sum up: any change in attitude, behavior, or the way he takes care for himself, is something you should take into account as maybe he is cheating.
A (major change in behavior) or treatment towards you is the key.
Just as Zoenchi noted distance/spending less time together, secretive, less contact throughout the day, not returning calls in a timely manner or being less available, seldom initiating contact, dramatic drop in affection/sex, the absence of eye contact during meals and conversations,becoming easily irritated or angry over the slightest things, reacts defensively whenever you ask where they were by accusing you of being insecure or having trust issues while never answering the question, a sudden interest in working out and buying new clothes, showering you with gifts (after being absent) for stretches of time, rarely saying "I love you", and a general feeling that they are simply "going through the motions".
Once again it really comes down to them no longer behaving like themselves. If something doesn't feel right to you then it's probably not right for you. Unless you have a history of paranoid and insecure then you should simply trust your instincts and move on.
Know yourself, Love yourself, Trust yourself
Ignoring "red flags" can lead to both regret and heartache
The bottom line is once you (stop trusting your mate) the relationship is doomed whether you're right or wrong.
- they keep their phone locked and close to them
- always texting
- has friends of the opposite sex
- suddenly overly-preoccupied with appearance
I guess it's pretty bad in the first place if you somehow know that they've got their phone locked.
Old-Empresario, Lisa makes a good point. How would one know their mate's phone is locked unless they were snooping? Some people also see nothing wrong with having opposite sex friends. It's (major changes) in behavior which raises suspicions.
by your cybersister4 years ago
Do you go through your partner's cell phone?
by Carolee Samuda24 months ago
How do you fix a relationship whose trust has been broken by infidelity?
by Esenbee3 months ago
In a dating relationship, if your partner cheats on you twice, would you take them back? Explain.Some people view cheating in relationships as a "bump" in the road and feel that it can be worked out....
by jko11209 years ago
This is maybe a little different than your ususal cheating spouse situation. My wife had an relationship with a man about a year ago. At the time we were separated due to job transition. We were really...
by Emily Tack3 years ago
Just for a bit of background - I have been writing online for years, and literally have millions of words "out there". Only once did I have an AdSense account, and if I remember correctly, it was for a blog...
by Consolacion Miravite2 years ago
Does an open relationship add spice to a marriage?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.