Are you still romantic in this day and age?

1. iggy7117 profile image78
    iggy7117posted 2 years ago

Are you still romantic in this day and age?

I believe that being romantic can help keep a relationship strong, are you still romantic today and after years together?

2. ChristinS profile image97
    ChristinSposted 2 years ago

My husband is and I appreciate it very much and act in kind.  He leaves me love notes on my desk in the morning before he leaves, or he'll bring me a little something once in awhile because he thought of me - things like that.  I think it's the appreciation that the romantic gestures show that really do keep our relationship strong. 

For my end, I make sure that I express gratitude for what he does for our family and I am genuine and honest about it. I work to ensure he has a good dinner when he gets home and I keep the house clean on the days he works long shifts.  (I work from a home office so it's easier for me to tackle these things)  Sometimes I'll text him a joke or something so he'll see it on his lunch break  - just little things, it really does make all the difference. 

He appreciates me and expresses it (genuinely) all the time, which is an incentive to also better appreciate how fortunate I am to have him as a partner, so I try harder and it's a win all the way around.

I think more couples would be happier by being mindful of little romantic things and also saying "thank you!". smile

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12579405_f260.jpg

I can't imagine a life without romance and passion.
    However the key is either finding someone who loves and appreciates what you offer or learning what (they) consider to be romantic. There is no universal interpretation of romantic gestures.
    One person may find sitting in front of the fireplace reading a book together to be romantic. Another person might consider cooking together and doing the dishes together to be romantic. And yet another person measures romance by materialistic displays or excursions and getaways....etc
    A poem and a single long stem rose won't cut it with every woman.

working