jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you cope when you lose someone you love?

1. EJ Go profile image61
    EJ Goposted 2 years ago

How do you cope when you lose someone you love?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12653276_f260.jpg

2. unvrso profile image91
    unvrsoposted 2 years ago

I have thought about it, sometimes.

I think, I would try not to worry too much about losing someone. On the other hand, I would go on with my own life trying to complete life´s cycle on this planet.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12653758_f260.jpg

Death and heartache are not just something that happens to "other people". Acknowledging you're not the first nor the last is part of the reality check.
    Another thought to bear in mind is there are over 7 Billion on the planet! Odds are there is many people who would love and appreciate any of us. The first step to moving on is (letting go).
    What keeps a lot of people from moving on is they don't want to let go! Deep down they're still hoping for a magical reconciliation.
    Once you (accept) it's over and remove the baggage of reminders of the relationship you start to make room for someone else.
    It's probably a good idea to cut off all contact for 6 months to a year with an ex.  Delete emails, voice mails, unfriend Facebook, and avoid going to places you're likely to bump into one another. Put photos, gifts, and other memories in a box and place in storage/the closet.
    Spend time with friends and family, Get re-engaged in hobbies and interests you may have ignored while in a relationship. Working out daily also helps to improve mental and emotional feelings.
    At some point you have to be open to dating and participating in activities that singles do. Maybe join some groups on Meetup.com which have shared interests such as yourself. You might consider a reputable online dating website. It's best to approach dating as a (fun) activity and if you meet someone you connect with allow things to evolve. There is no rush.
    Lastly it's important to remove your "rose tinted glasses". Oftentimes when a relationship ends we have a tendency to "romanticize the past" or have "selective memories" where we convince ourselves it was all wonderful.
    Some people choose to believe their (ex) was their soul-mate!
    In order for your ex to be "the one" they would have to see (you) as being "the one". At the very least a "soul-mate" is someone who actually wants to be with (you)! (And vice versa).
    Whenever someone breaks up with another person they're basically telling them: "I don't think {you} are (the one) for me!"
    "Never love anyone who treats you like you're ordinary."
    - Oscar Wilde
    If someone doesn't want to be with you it's means they don't see you as being all that "special". Wanting someone who doesn't want you is not loving yourself!
    “Some people think that it’s holding on that makes one strong; sometimes it’s letting go.” — unknown
    Your future lies ahead of you and not behind you.
    Every ending is a new beginning!

4. Danny Cabaniss profile image77
    Danny Cabanissposted 2 years ago

It takes time.  Remembering good memories that make you smile helps a lot.  Owning your emotions, and expressing them is important.  You can do this by yourself.  Through trial and error, you can find out who the people are in your life that you can express those emotions in their presence, and be met with understanding.  Do whatever it takes to help you find perspective for your loss.

working