jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you believe in SMART dating & mating i.e. taking into consideration a person'

1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

Do you believe in SMART dating & mating i.e. taking into consideration a person's educational,

emotional, intellectual, mental, psychological, & socioeconomic background before even thinking of entering into any type of relationship w/him or her?  Do you believe that many people don't date/mate smart?  Why? Why not?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12696857_f260.jpg

2. Besarien profile image83
    Besarienposted 2 years ago

I could not be with someone who doesn't stimulate my brain. I am naturally attracted to men who can converse on most topics intelligently, read widely, value education, and have a creative side. The only thing more important to my list of needs in a partner is that he needs to have a kind heart. I have found all this and more in my hubby of 18 year come April. Don't settle for less, ladies. There are great men out there.

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12872175_f260.jpg

Absolutely!
    Unfortunately for most of us when it comes to love and relationships we tend to (fail our way) to success. If this were not true I suppose we'd all be married to our high school or college sweethearts!
    The reality is most of us initially start pursuing relationships before we have figured out who (we) are! Let alone what we want and need in a mate. There's an evolutionary process that takes place as we mature.
    Oftentimes the first boyfriend/girlfriend is during Jr. high or high school. Naturally at that age the "must have list" is fairly basic (cute/hot, cool, and a great sense of humor) is pretty much the requirements for being an ideal mate. The primary focus in our youth is (NOW) not the (future). Who is going to the home coming dance, the basketball/football game, or the prom. Many of us con ourselves into thinking our teenage relationships are "adult relationships" and some even believe they have found their "soul-mate" at age 17!
    However with age comes wisdom; or at least we hope so!
    Our "must have traits list" should evolve over time. Hopefully at age 28 one is not using the same must have list they had at age 16.
    Essentially dating smart means you have figured out who you are and what you want from a mate! No longer are you allowing "coincidence" and "happenstance" to dictate your relationship choices.
    That's the equivalent of going shopping without a list!
    Odds are you're likely to throw anything in your cart at the last minute. Maturity and self-discipline are required to stick to (your) list.
    Each of us (chooses) our own friends, lovers, and spouse.
    Know yourself, Love yourself, Trust yourself.
    The goal is to find someone who shares your same values, wants the same things for the relationship, naturally agrees with you on how to obtain those things, and last but not least there is a mutual depth of love and desire for one another.
    Like attracts like and opposites attract divorce attorneys!
    Anyone who is having one bad dating/relationship after another probably needs to re-examine their (mate selection criteria).
    The only thing all of your bad relationships have in common is (you).
    You are responsible for your own happiness.
    Choose wisely!

4. lisasuniquevoice profile image76
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 2 years ago

Grace,
    I think smart dating is a great idea. Then you don't mess around with those who haven't worked as hard as you have in life!
    Lisa

working