jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Is gay slowly becoming the new straight ??

1. woahthere profile image61
    woahthereposted 21 months ago

Is gay slowly becoming the new straight ??

It seems like views are being shoved down the throats of today's adolescent.

2. Express10 profile image88
    Express10posted 21 months ago

I don't think so at all. Gay people have been around since the beginning of humanity and will be going no where at all. As a heterosexual lady, I could not care any less (because I simply don't care) about what consenting adults do behind closed doors because it's none of my business and I don't ask or discuss other people's sex lives under any circumstance. If I don't like something I am hearing, seeing or reading, I can speak up, turn it off, walk away, or direct my attention elsewhere...the same as anyone else.

1. Tusitala Tom profile image62
      Tusitala Tomposted 21 months agoin reply to this

Good answer, Express 10.   Homo or Hetero - why make a big deal of it?   Acceptance of how things are, and have been from time immemorial, is what is required.

3. Link10103 profile image75
    Link10103posted 21 months ago

I remember when my teachers told me in elementary school that there was no such thing as stupid questions. They lied...

Gay is gay. Straight is straight. Gay people arent suddenly going to become the new craze if that's what you're paranoid about. The only people that are paranoid are probably represses homosexuals themselves...

What views are being shoved onto today's adolescents, exactly?

4. Aime F profile image84
    Aime Fposted 21 months ago

...no. 

That's it. 

That's all I've got. 

How silly.

5. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 21 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13004342_f260.jpg

Not at all.
    The LGBT community makes up less than 5% of the population.
    The only thing that has changed is more people have decided it's wrong to discriminate against people simply because of their sexual orientation.
    No straight person should feel threatened by gays having the same rights as us heterosexuals. It doesn't change who we date or marry.
    Live and let live is more popular especially in younger generations.
    Less than 50 years ago; (1967) the Supreme Court struck down all state laws that forbid interracial marriage. At that time in Virginia interracial marriage was punishable up to two years in prison.
    Today few people bat an eye when they see an interracial couple. However the vast majority of people continue to date and marry within their own race. Black or Latino did not become "the new white".
    I imagine 50 years from now the future generation will wonder what all the fuss was about with regard to forbidding couples in love to marry one another simply because of their sexual orientation.
    Acceptance and tolerance doesn't change the overall orientation of folks. It just allows those who are gay to have the same rights as heterosexuals. Equality doesn't diminish anyone's rights.

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image31
      bradmasterOCcalposted 21 months agoin reply to this

The current generation has no idea what they are doing, and the next generation will know even less. From the 1960s till now, each new generation has continued US decline They are AmeriCANTS worried more about social issues than critical ones.

6. threekeys profile image80
    threekeysposted 21 months ago

Maybe....

Your sexuality is your own business but it becomes my business if you play both sides of the fence and I don't know. And you are an adult that does children? Then I do want to know.

7. Karlah Ann profile image62
    Karlah Annposted 20 months ago

It has become so popularized because of the new generations becoming a lot more accepting of it. Think about it, coming out years ago wasn't something someone did. People were afraid to express who they were because there was so much hate and rejection from communities or even family. Sadly, there still is and people are still afraid due to the events like the mass murdering in Orlando this month.

No one should live in fear over what they love.
    Being heterosexual is okay.
    Being gay is okay.
    Being lesbian is okay.
    Being bisexual is okay.
    Being transgender is okay.
    Being in an interracial marriage is okay!

working