jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

What would you make of a person in his or her late thirties who never had a seri

1. LoliHey profile image56
    LoliHeyposted 19 months ago

What would you make of a person in his or her late thirties who never had a serious relationship?

2. Dont Taze Me Bro profile image61
    Dont Taze Me Broposted 19 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13084384_f260.jpg

I'm tempted to say that person has been a geek his/her whole life and is glued to a love of technology that allows him/her to not have a serious relationship except with an I-pad, I-phone computer or the like. I, I, I, I...BUT...

You don;t give enough information to answer this question. Is it someone who dates only for fun with no commitment? Do they have lots of relationships that aren't serious or do they not have any relationships? Are they not attractive physically and/or personalitywise?  Could they have wanted a serious relationship but their love was always unrequited. I can think of a lot more questions I would ask before forming an opinion of a person in his or her late thirties who never had a serious relationship!

To answer your question as it stands requires one to make any number of assumptions and then form an opinion which then has to be prejudicial against people in general in their late thirties who never had a serious relationship. Not fair to all those people to ask for such a blanket opinion. smile

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 19 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13085487_f260.jpg

I guess you could say they avoided making a lot of mistakes!
    Seriously you'd have to know if it were by design meaning they had no interest in settling down or if they just never felt like they met anyone (special enough) to be "exclusive" with. Has high standards?
    As long as they're happy with their life that's all that matters.

1. Dont Taze Me Bro profile image61
      Dont Taze Me Broposted 19 months agoin reply to this

Or you could say he/she made the biggest mistake of his/her life! smile

2. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 19 months agoin reply to this

THANK YOU,  Mr. Dashing.  Not everyone is relationship crazy or stupid.  There are MORE important things in life than a relationship.  What about education, achievement, & success!  What is IT w/ some people, really, c'mon NOW!

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 19 months agoin reply to this

Dont Taze Me Bro, In the U.S. the divorce rate hovers around 50% and that doesn't include the "emotionally divorced" couples still living together. There's also those who are separated but still legally married
      Grace, Those are excellent points!

4. Dont Taze Me Bro profile image61
      Dont Taze Me Broposted 19 months agoin reply to this

The "d"rate has nothing to do with extreme bliss&satisfaction a serious relationship between two people can provide.Besides ur divorce rate has beenproven false.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/02/divorce-rate-declining-_n_6256956.html

4. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 19 months ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12767330_f260.jpg

Who give a good $%^&@ if a person in his/her late 30s never had a serious relationship?  Why the obsession here?  Not everyone is relationship hungry or thirsty.  There are those who are highly discerning & discriminating as far as relationships go.   

There are people who think & assess long & hard regarding relationships.  They refuse to be in a relationship because relationships are the thing.  They follow their own drummer, not traditional, familial, nor societal mandate that everyone should have at least ONE serious relationship in their life.

There are people who enter serious relationships just for the sake of entering the relationship or for approval from others much to their regret.  Many people unthinkingly & mindlessly become involved, only to discover that the person was wrong for them.  This phenomena explains the high divorce rate.  If people were more cautious regarding entering serious relationships including marriage, there would be less divorces & broken homes.

There are people who are quite happy in casual relationships.  They get what they need & move on.  Not everyone is suited for serious relationships.  They want their freedom & autonomy which serious relationships would oftentimes prevent.   Then there are people who want NO TYPE OF relationship of any kind.  They are quite happy being asexual (alone) as they have hobbies & interests to fulfill their time. 

Also, a person in his/her late 30s who didn't have serious relationships or a serious relationship used his/her energy to obtain an education & a career.  There are MORE CONSTRUCTIVE things in life than relationships.  Why are people so bent on relationships? Aren't they happy with &/or within themselves.  People who are hungry & thirsty for relationships are unhappy, needy people w/little or no sense of self.  They feel that they must be in a relationship, even though the relationship is less than positive, purgatorial, or even hellish.  To such people, any relationship is FAR BETTER than no relationship at all.  Such thinking is sad indeed!

working